Sunday, September 23, 2018

Rugs On The Island



This is a hand torn rug with shading so pretty!

This was the sweetest rug she has a pearl necklace on.
 
This rug was started on Star last year, the finished result is beautiful


The crow rug is mine I finished it with coverlet pieces I had around the border, The rug on the right is a picture that was taken on Star last year and hooked by my roomie. So wonderful and the tiny little one are finished and put onto a tiny easel love them.

This rug was started in a class on a study in whites just amazing, with a piece.

And then this rug and the next one were done by two ladies who came from Nova Scotia. They had taken a class with Deanne Fitzpatrick in abstracts a long time ago and felt they were over their heads so they dug them out again and brought them and I loved them both!!! 

Such wonderful abstract free form!

This large rug was being hooked by my roomie and what a wonderful rug it is!! I love her colors.

This rug is an older pattern I think cushion's but not sure. Wonderful color in this rug also. 

This is my rug I am sure I have shown this before but still one of my favorite rugs. 
A busy week last week a Dentist, and eye appointments. Then I went out
to dinner on two different nights with friends so great to catch up them.
We had a visitor come to the door. Which scared me a bit.
Husband was out with friends and I was talking to my brother on
the phone. I heard the back door and knew my husband hadn't driven in, I look out the big window to see who was at the door and yikes! a bear was was on his hind feet leaning on our door! I am very glad the lock held or he would have been in our basement. He was trying to get the bird feeder on the second floor. He finally gave up wandered around the deck a bit and left into the woods. Now we have had bears here for years but never leaning on the door! We are very careful with food and garbage being around but he smelled that feeder on the upper story and wanted it.
The feeder comes in at night now.
Have a great week!


8 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The rugs are all very lovely and makes me wish I had that creative talent.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Thanks for the rug show. I love your coverlet binding.
Your bear story is quite frightening. Yikes!

Prims By The Water said...

Wonderful rugs. There are so many talented folks out there. Love your loon one..well I think they are loons. How scary to have a bear trying to get in your home...not something I would want to have happen. So glad he failed and good idea to bring in the bird feeder. Janice

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful variety of rugs and i love the finish on your crow rug, sets it off nicely.
I can imagine how scary that can be, I guess this is the time of year when they are bulking up for winter.
I was looking at the campground in Merideth woods, hmmm, maybe not, lol.
Has anything started turning yet? Bill may take the second week in October off.

Debbie

Saundra said...

Great rug show, thanks for sharing all of them. That would have been an unwanted visitor at my door for sure. OMG, guess you were scared!!!

Farm Girl said...

Wow, I am so glad your bear didn't get in, storing up that fat for the long winters night. The rugs are fantastic! I love yours, I have always been fascinated with Loons.

Judy said...

a Bear? I thought you lived in town?
YIKES!!

Raymond Homestead said...

A bear!! Scary! Thanks for sharing the rugs!