Sunday, August 5, 2018

Another Trip Around The Sun

Happy Sunday! I woke up thinking about popovers.
So I made us some! With homemade strawberry jelly
it was an eggy, buttery, heaven. (king Arthur flour recipe)
We headed for the porch with the Sunday paper and a cup of coffee it was perfect. 
You can also see I have an old cookbook from 1944 with lots of page markers. It covers all of the states. Some recipes are pretty interesting.
I have made a salad from the book that was tasty.
Park Avenue salad, a mix of chicken, potato, hard boiled eggs, Assorted veggies and dressing,
We are in the heat and humidity again or we never left! I am so over this weather you can't do much constructive in it. We are just not use to this. I did get to take my walk, then pick a few flowers from the garden and pick some tomatoes. But mostly I camped out on the porch read a book looked at things on line and called it a day.





Sat was my birthday. Husband took me out to breakfast and my daughter and son in law cooked a wonderful dinner for us then we all went to the bridge dance in Jackson. Live band on the bridge and just so much fun. I am blessed in so may ways and this past year was a good one. (I made it!another trip around the sun)

Thursday I am going to a new hairdresser. I feel very guilty
about it I have had my hair dresser for about 16 years. But there have been a few things I was not happy about (like increasing the prices and not a word or a sign telling you until you checked out! and it was a big increase)  it was time to move on. 
***
Have a great week I am headed to the beach again this coming weekend to meet up with a friend. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful area you live in, I have never heard of a bridge dance,, sort of like a barn dance just different venue I
suppose, belated birthday wishes!
Sounds like it was time for a change of hairdressers,

Julia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cathy. Don't feel guilty about changing hairdresser. A change is always good, especially at our age...lol.
I would be upset if my hairdresser incread=sed her price because I've been going to my very own cheap hairdresser for years, namely "moi" "me".lol...

Dancing on the bridge sounds like a lot of fun.

I know what you mean about being tired of the heat and humidity. Throw in a bad infestation of flies at the barn like I never seen before and you have a humdinger of a summer. Cooler temperature is welcome from me too. Of course, if I was retired, I'd go with the flow.
Stay cool and have fun.
Hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

Humidity is horrible here too! I see you and my hubby have the same birthday. Glad you had a great day and Happy Belated Birthday! Janice

Rugs and Pugs said...

Happy, happy birthday and I'm glad it was a good trip around the sun.
A good friend, now a retired hair stylist, has been cutting my hair forever. Sometimes I think about changing, but it would be very awkward, plus I get a great deal, so that thought quickly passes.
Here's to another trip around the sun :)

BumbleBeeLane said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday surrounded by family. Ohh the popovers sound so yummy. Enjoy the sand between your toes!

WoolenSails said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a nice time with family, perfect way to celebrate.
This heat is killing me, even going out in the pool is too much, the air is too thick.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Happy Birthday! :-)
That was rude of your hairdresser (of so many years) to increase your cost without a warning! Yes....it is time to try another...maybe the new will be better. LOVE those popovers! I'm waiting for the weather to cool before I start baking again...soooo humid here too!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to you! Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration with family. We have heard about the heat and the rain in NH where we also live. But we've been on the road for the past 3+ weeks on a cross country adventure and have escaped. The weather has been warm in some places, but not unbearable. Sitting and reading are good ways to relax and we too like popovers!

yaya said...

Happy Birthday Cathy! Sounds like it was fabulous! I hope you like your new hairdresser. Sometimes we just need a change and someone with a new perspective on our hair! I love my gal I have now. I started going to here a few years ago after my previous one quit working. Atleast there was no guilt involved! I'm very over this heat and humidity...bring on Fall..shhhhh, I'm sure many are thinking I'm crazy!

Farm Girl said...

Happy late birthday! You do live is such a beautiful place and you know sometimes I think it would be so nice to move to anyplace where I could have and see trees.
That salad sounds wonderful. You know I just went to a new gal, it is hard isn't it leaving someone you have had a long time. I think I had mine about that too. The new gal gave me the best haircut I have had in years. So sometimes its time.
I hope you are having a great week.

Kay G. said...

Happy birthday, a little late! Those popovers look very good. God bless.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Happy belated birthday wishes! Sounds as if you had a perfect day!
Robyn