Sunday, August 19, 2018

A Fairy Night And A House Tour

Fairy night 2018 kicked off with 2 new books from the bookstore  pizza and music at the restaurant, and dressing up like a fairy!!!

You go from tent to tent to meet fairies of all sorts these were the dancing fairies and each fairy gives you a gift. Really nice gifts I might add so you can make a fairy house at home and invite the fairies and butterflies to live near you!

She took it all in and loved every bit of it! On the way out she asked if she could go again next year. 

Sat we headed to the next town to go on a house tour it was only 10.00 a person and included 4 houses. This is the town of Sandwich NH a lovely old  town. This house went on forever! they have plans of opening it for a Bed and Breakfast (It was still under renovations).

A very large property this I believe ground wheat in its day.
it. It use to be a windmill. It has been all redone there was huge millstone.

This also goes with that house it is a large old barn beautiful
They even have their 6 pew chapel very sweet with a stained glass window.

This was the house next door a large Greek revival.
Very pretty but I feel that they are trying to do modern in an old house never works for me.

Lovely fence across the property

But this is what makes the house wonderful 180 degree view of the mountains. This picture does nothing for the view. Just amazing!

The other two houses were in the little town not sure why I didn't take pictures outside but I loved them both. They were both built in the 1800's and have been in the same family since they were built. Mostly being used as summer homes but both have undergone renovations to make them livable year round. Both very well done. My husband loved this lamp and has all the parts to make one.

This dough bowl had legs put on it what a great idea for woolly worms.
It was nearing lunch after the tour so we headed to another favorite town of ours Tamworth it is the next town over from Sandwich.
We went to a funny little store for lunch, it is a combination hardware store,convince store, gift shop and lunch bar. Called "The Other Store". Lunch for two and ice cream for both of us 20.00 it included the tip! my kind of other store! Then we walked over to Tamworth Distillery a beautiful distillery, we bought blueberry cordial and headed home. 
***
Today is beautiful! I have been waiting for this weather all summer, warm not a bit of humidity and a slight breeze ahhh summer. 
Have a great week.


9 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

I'm sure Miss B was the cutest fairy there. Her costume is just too cute!
The house tour sounds wonderful. I haven't been on one in forever.
Glad to hear your weather is more bearable.

Farm Girl said...

I love that idea of that fairy night. What fun. I wish my grand daughters could go to something like that. I love those houses. What a wonderful idea to do with that dough bowl. I have one and that would be so cool.
I love that lamp too. I would love one.
I hope it cools off or is less humid for you.
I was trying to bind a rug today. My goodness, I thought I would cook. Its going to take me awhile I think.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.
I hope you have a lovely week.

Prims By The Water said...

How fun to have a fairy party! I will need to discuss this with our Chamber of Commerce. Loved the house tours. I use an old basket for my wooly worms. Been looking for a pattern I purchased to start hooking again...but cannot remember for the life of me where I hid it....I will probably find it at Christmas just because it is an Autumn one. LOL Janice

moosecraft said...

Fairy night looks like so much fun! I'm curious to see the fairy house finished. :-) What a perfect spot for such a wonderful view of the mountains...a dream for sure....tho I'd prefer my small home to be moved to that property! lol! :-)

WoolenSails said...

Miss B is so cute in her fairy outfit and what fun for you, to be able to take her.
Love old homes like that and I love the trencher table, it is a great idea for storing yarns and other crafting items.

Debbie

yaya said...

What fun idea...a fairy event with gifts! I love home tours...I like seeing how the other half lives! Miss B looked so cute in her fairy outfit...what a fun weekend!

Kay G. said...

A fairy night, I love that!
The dough bowl? My mother's mother had one like that, brings back memories to see one.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Your little fairy is precious! What a great memory for her!
Robyn

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Fairy night sounds like it was a huge hit! We have been to Sandwich only once for the big fair, but it looks like a wonderful small town to return to and see. Thanks for sharing the tour photos and descriptions.