Sunday, August 27, 2017

Keeping Busy

 

It has been a week since my friend died. It has been
harder than I thought. She had been very sick for a long time.

 
So my husband has made it his mission to keep me
busy. 

This is a tree that is down and has a large rock in
it's roots. It looks like a large spider. 

The nights have been so cold just right for a fire.
The season's are changing fast now.

The light has changed for sure.


I am finishing up my Star Island rug that
I will take with me when I go in a couple of weeks.
the color on the left is my nod to Celia Thaxter 
and her garden. 
*****
Have a great week everyone I hope you are all safe and happy

7 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

The days are getting shorter for sure and the nights are great for sleeping now. Wonderful rug! Janice

Julia said...

Dear Cathy, I understand how difficult loosing a love one. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of Nicole.
It still feel so unreal that she's gone, and she was supposed to come home for part of July and August.
Today I was tidying the room where the rest of her stuff is. We will have another go at distributing some of her stuff as we had lack of time at the last gathering. It won't probably happen soon but whatever nobody want will be donated to charity. The estate still hasn't been totally settled after all this time. It will be one year on Oct 17the that she passed away.

Keeping busy is what I'm doing too.
Warm hugs, Julia



Larkrise garden girl said...

Years ago I started reading the book about her Island garden. I have to finish that book one day. Hang in there!

yaya said...

Hugs to you and hope you're memories of your dear friend will help in these hard days. The seasons are changing and the days are shorter. It's been much cooler here too and when we get back from vacation to Oregon it will be September and Summer will be almost over. So fast time does fly. Take care Cathy.

Rugs and Pugs said...

It is so hard to lose a dear friend. Big hugs.
Your rug came out great. I remember how you were struggling with it.
xoxo
Lauren

Judy said...

You just never get over the death of a best friend that you've shared so much of life with.
You'll still remember her birthday and her 1st Sadaversary. That's just the way it is!
I do love that Spider tree/rock!!!

WoolenSails said...

It is good to get out and enjoy nature and keep busy, I know it helps me when I am feeling down and need to process my pain.
We are having a cooler week, but warming up again, next week. What week are you going to camp?

Debbie