Sunday, November 9, 2014

Another Full Weekend

The wood is stacked

Leaves are raked

the pots are filled and the cupboard is full. I guess we are 
now ready for winter. A calm week this week but we are in for major cold by next weekend brrrrr.
****

My sweet little Da Da Dump find


I have been hooking for about 20 years and I have
never purchased any new equipment. Even the hartman hook
I am using was given to me. I was asked if I wanted to buy 
this frasier cutter with 5 blades for 150.00. I agreed to and plan to purchase a couple of more blades, I feel it's a great deal.

I finished my sampler rug (ok not bound) and I started this
on Saturday it is not very large so I hope to have it done by the end of the week.  
****
A friend and I went to a Christmas open house at a geat
country shop. I didn't buy much but it put me in the Christmas mood, so I got out the lights for the windows
and now I will try to restrain myself from doing anything else for now.
have a great week!
***
Take time for all things.
Franklin

10 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I sold mine to a shop so I could use the money to buy more wool, lol. The dumb thing was, I had double sets of blades and got 150.00 for all of it, could have doubled it by selling the blades myself, oh well. I have a townsend which i love, but with the pricey blades I only have two, so wish i had kept my other one with the smaller cuts.

Debbie

Julia said...

It feels great to be winter ready. Everything looks as it should be. I love that pine tree in the pot ready to greet visitors to your door. I still need to have my winter tires put on.

Cute little stool. I have a Bliss cutter and it cuts OK as long as it's kept lint free. I don't know enough about the Fraser cutter to comment. Cute little rug.

Hugs,
JB

Nellie said...

I have missed some of your posts, I see. Hopefully your preparations will have you in good shape for the cold weather that is coming. We even expect very cold weather here mid-week for several days. Just a bit unusual for us here at this point.

Have a great week!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
I think you got a great deal on your cutter!
Your turkey is lookin' good. I can't believe Thanksgiving is almost here. How did that happen?
Hugs :)
Lauren

Kim said...

That is a good deal on the cutter. I am not in the Christmas spirit yet but I do have a door swag to put out after Tuesday.

Primitive Stars said...

Evening Cathy, looking good around the homestead. Love the planter with the pine. Love the rug, time for me to pick up my hook.Blessings Francine.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Love your turkey great hooking!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Great little stool and great deal on the cutter! Your turkey is wonderful!
Robyn

P.J. said...

Great buy on your cutter. I bought a used Fraser with three blades last year and so glad I did. It's nice to be able to pull it out and cut when I need to. Just bought my first big girl octagon frame this weekend at Camp Wool. So excited to get off my training wheels frame... Hehehe.

yaya said...

The cold has hit us and soon the wood burner will be humming. We do have wood cut and ready but more is waiting for us in the Creepy Woods..Jack's "Gator" is getting fixed so we can head up there and bring it down to the house! Stay healthy and warm!