Monday, November 17, 2014

A Day Off

If it is going to keep doing this then I am not going to feel bad

Doing this...

yes a very old fashioned Christmas movie, my favorite kind.

I was also very productive a huge stack of stuff for the thrift and
and bag to the dump and in the middle of cleaning out drawers I find this that brought everything to a screaming halt.
It is from when my daughter was in kindergarten. I took the time
to frame it and hang it I love it! ( She is now a mom so it is extra special)

Ok back to work I made 5 woolly balls to fill some old wooden bowls I have.

I also started the wool (feather)tree. It is not hard just a lot of fussy work. I am sure I will love it when it's done.
****
We are going deeper into the freeze tonight. So the beast is keeping the oil man away for now.                                                                    I have women's night 
tomorrow night and I am bringing my homemade bread. It is our little Thanksgiving together so always good food and good laughs.
Have a great night! 

12 comments:

Kim said...

That's my kind of day off! No running around like a crazy person. Aww, your daughters artwork is so sweet. She will be so pleased to see it still around. Have a fun ladies night

Julia said...

Our snow turned to rain and it's still raining tonight.
I love that cute santa clause. The best kind. What a sweet keepsake.

The wool tree is going to look great. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.
Hugs,
jB



Nellie said...

I often find myself distracted when I'm sorting through drawers and other accumulations. That's a wonderful addition to hang on your wall! This is just the weather for good homemade bread! Enjoy! xo

Judy said...

I also have that DVD. My grandpa was a minister and this movie was one of my Mother's favorites--one of mine too, besides, I adore Cary Grant!!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

It's 18 degrees in Ohio. UGH! I was going to go hooking tonight but was a wuss and decided to stay home.
Aw, Ashley's Santa is too sweet. You found it at the perfect time.
Enjoy your girl time.
Hugs :)
Lauren

annie said...

I love the Bishop's Wife, it's my favorite! Frosty record lows here for the next couple of days, 13 tomorrow night!

WoolenSails said...

THat is the best way to spend a cold day. We are still getting rain and I really wanted to see the meteor shower tonight.

Debbie

P.J. said...

The classic movies are the best. I love the kid made decorations; always put a smile on your face. Can't wait to see your feather tree. Glad you had a relaxing and enjoyable day off.

Primitive Stars said...

Oh ya, nice way to spend the day off.Can't beat a classic old monie...Blessings Francine.

Farm Girl said...

I love that movie. I like the Bells of St. Mary's too.
I have always wanted to make a feather tree. I think that Santa is so cute. I am sure your daughter will love seeing it on the wall.
I hope your day was perfect. I hope it warms up soon.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Perfect way to spend the day off when it's too darn cold to be outside. We are having a few days of that already I feel like a hermit.
I am so excited that I got to come by here tonight and leave you a comment. I bought a new laptop today and your the first blogger I am trying it out on. haha
Wanted to wait til after the holidays to shop for one but too many cold days inside here without one so I went ahead.
Have missed you and your wonderful site. Will have to catch up with you.
Stay warm
Love
Maggie

yaya said...

I love old movies all the time, but the Christmas ones really make my day! It was a snowy, cold week here but things are changing to warm and rainy...Mother Nature's not sure what she wants! I'm getting my brain geared up for the feast next week and putting in the supplies. I made some pumpkin bread but gave it away..oh well, good excuse to make more! Stay warm and enjoy your Thanksgiving! Oh, I also have a framed Santa that my #2 son made when he was little..I love it and yours!