Wednesday, August 10, 2011

There's Thunder in Them Thar Hills!

As I am typing this it is thunder and lighting hmmm should I be on the porch on a metal table doing this?
The ending to Holderness' 250th celebration was Monday night with fireworks over the lake. It was such a pretty night with the moon and the fireworks,and all the boats on the lake.                              
 I did get a little thrifting in this week and a trip to the library. The sheets are doubles I paid 50cents each I think 60's or 70's and a dime for the cookie cutter. Tell me do you think these bookends are cute? I just love them and they will look great in my book case. The two books I got at the library the Janet Evanovich is just plain silly and good for a laugh. The other book Maine came very highly recommended. I will let you know when I am done.
 I also got a couple of magazines the handcraft one I had never heard of I couldn't find a date but it is older. and gooseberry is always something I pick up.
 A customer came in with fresh cucumbers for us. yummmm I love cucumber sandwiches on white bread with mayo, fresh dill, salt, and pepper. Oh how I love summer!
We are off to Dartmouth hospital tomorrow for tests all day. We got a very good report on his blood work on Monday. I am EXPECTING good news. His spirits are better more is good than bad.
Well I am going to make a pot of tea and listen to a Natalie Merchant CD I got at a yard sale a few weeks ago and wait for the storm to pass. Have a great week my sweet friends.
Never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be.......Clementine Paddleford(Love her name)

17 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Praying hard for your dear husband and the up and coming tests. I love those bookends and the books and the cookie cutter. Don't you love it when people give you home-grown produce? Enjoy your tea and music! Very healing stuff, both of them. Hugs and blessings!

Stacy said...

I love the quote! Good luck in your testing tomorrow!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
Good luck tomorrow. I'll say an extra prayer for both of you!!!
Now I grew up on tomato sandwiches in the summer, but I've never had a cucumber sandwich. Sounds very yummo!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Cathy G. said...

I DO like your bookends! Nice finds again!
Hoping you get good news tomorrow! Glad hubby is in good spirits!
Don't you just love a summer storm when it doesn't get nasty violent? Just a good old fashioned thunder storm!
xxoo
Cathy G

Rachel said...

Your new bookends are adorable!! Hope the dr has good news for you guys! Take care!

yaya said...

Congrats on the good report! I'll keep praying everything continues to be good. That sandwich looks very yummy! Gooseberry patch books are fun. I have a collection of Christmas ones. The authors are from the Columbus Oh,(Westerville) area. I met them some years ago when Donna (starkey hollow) and I went to sale of all the gooseberry patch books and merchandise...I had them sign a couple of my books. We had storms last night too, and watch out for lightening. A man was hit last night watching the storm inside his house by his front door! Be careful! Have a good end of the week.

camp and cottage living said...

I'll be praying you get good news for your DH.
It looks like you had a great view for the fireworks without even having to leave home. You can't beat that!
I love your cute dutch couple. But I have to say I've never heard of a dill sandwich like yours. Sounds good though!

Christine said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your anniversary good wishes to us!
Love that quote - and the name!
Best wishes
Christine

Anonymous said...

Cucumber sandwiches!?

Love the Clementine Paddleford quote. I wonder if that's a pen name? It sound like a Mark Twain quote?

Dianne said...

I'll be praying for your husband and you and for very good news! I haven't heard of a cucumber & dill sandwhich, but it looks good and I will try it! ;-)

Larkrise garden girl said...

The bookends are so sweet and I am praying good results for your hubby!Cheri

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

So happy your got a good blood report on Monday.
Praying for more good news..
Wanted to come by and wish you a awesome weekend
Love
Maggie

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

praying and sending love and good thoughts...

kary
xx

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I hope you both had more good news yesterday. Great finds and will be anxiously awaiting the new batch of finds from your weekend thrifting.

Leontien said...

Hi Cathy, i see that you like Goosberry?! Did you find out about the Real farmwives yet? they are a bunch of girls and they each do 10 recipes from the goosberry patch books. and blog about it! After the 10th recipe they can give the book away to somebody... Maybe you can win one?!

HOpe you have a great weekend!
Leontien

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Sweetie...
Prayers continuing for your beautiful better half. We know they are working.

I love your bookends and love Janet Evanovich books. What a wonderful writer she is. Makes you think you are peeking right in the windows as she talks. Love those books.

Cucumber sandwiches sound wonderful. Especially when they are fresh from the garden.

This is the Miracle Weekend makeover. I am one of the hosting sites. For every comment left, Guideposts magazine will pay a dollar, to the next cancer makeover patient. Please stop by and read the story about 9 year old Charlie, and bless me with a comment. Out goal between the 4 or 5 blogs is 5,000. I know we can do it. I would appreciate it, if you pass the word around to as many friends as possible.

Have a glorious weekend. Country hugs from Phoenix, Sherry

trump said...

greetings from the Amish community of Lebanon,Pa. Richard from Amish Stories.