Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall

If you can spend a completely worthless afternoon on completely worthless activities then you have learned how to live. I saw this on a greeting card. It is so true and I need to work on that. I got some things done that were nagging me. Then I did some fun things.
I found this lamp at the dump (recycling center) It was broken but so cute and I knew it could be fixed. So I used some spray paint I had, a new light kit from a yard sale 2.00 ,and a new shade from a yard sale for 1.00, so for just a few dollars I got this. It is adjustable up and down the pole. Husband showed me how to rewire a lamp so I even learned a new skill while fixing it up.

I also got busy bringing a little fall to the house. I hooked this pumpkin several years ago. I also did a black cat that my daughter took off the door last year on her way out. OK she did ask and I was very pleased she liked it.

I put out a few of my hooked mats that were fallish. So nice to have them out again.
This was hooked a long time ago.


I got busy on my mantel. The picture is not that great and this is one section. I just wanted to show the music sheets I stamped them with leaves( not that noticeable). and taped them to the mantel. And then added my do dads.



I had bread whirring in the bread machine so I decided to use up some pumpkin I had. I found a pumpkin scone that is suppose to be just like Starbucks. Since I have been in Starbucks once in my life I wouldn't know.



I added raisins and didn't do the glaze a bit too sweet for me. I ate it with butter and yogurt it was pretty yummy if I do say so myself.


Yesterday was in the 80's and beautiful, today is overcast and in the low 60's I am going to snuggle in and hook for the rest of the evening.
Have a great week and spend some time on a perfectly useless thing that makes you happy.

5 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
Happy Hooking :)
Nice job on the lamp!
Your hooked pieces are very cute. The difference between daughters and sons...neither of my sons would have noticed the black cat and neither would have wanted it...lol!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Dog Trot Farm said...

Cathy, first I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and also for taking the time to leave a comment. Now, I have so enjoyed my visit at your blog. Love what you did with the lamp and am impressed you refurbished it yourself! Your rug hooking is lovely, love the Fall designs and the scones look out of this world. I will return and have added your blog to my side bar. Autumn greetings, Julie of Dog Trot Farm.

Kim said...

What a talented gal. The lamp turned out great. And your fall rugs - lovely. Isn't it wonderful to have a day to just putter around and be creative.

One Cheap B*tch said...

Thanks now I'm hungry! =) Love the sheet music draped on the mantle. Wish I had a mantle to do that on - love the look!

Jeanine

lace & arsenic said...

...I GOT A SCONE! it was so much better than the pictures even make it look!!! (and i work in a candy store!) i said out loud, in thanks..'this is the best thing i have ever eaten'!...(it was!) ...i LOVE black cats too! (add them to the crow coveting. lol)