Monday, December 13, 2010

My Christmas Tree

I am linking up with nesting place and once again linking up to house in the roses  to show off my Christmas tree. I love my tree yes it is artificial first because my daughter was allergic and then even after she grew up and left I loved that I could keep it up as long as my heart desired.                                                                                      
 I have a mix of warm memories and glorious vintage. This is a picture of my daughter on her first Christmas. She is now 27 and waiting for her first baby any day now.
 My daughter took dance for a lot of years. This is an ornament for the first time we took her to the Wang center in Boston to see the Nutcracker. She was about 7 years old her big thrill was riding the escalator in the hotel. My little country girl. She sat on the edge of her chair the whole show. So mesmerize by the ballet.
 And then there are the vintage ornaments. This soft large pink is so sweet.
 This is another large ornament that is hand painted with sailors so sweet.
 I use reproduction lighting on the tree and real old lead tinsel it feels warm and familiar. The angel on the top is a replacement from my childhood. My childhood angel was lost in a house fire that my parents had. From my house to yours a very merry Christmas.
Thank you for your visit, I enjoy reading your comments
                                                                             

13 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

That is the most real looking artificial tree I have ever seen! Just gorgeous and you have decorated it so beautifully!
Love your ornaments, they are precious!
Cindy

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
Your tree is beautiful! Oh, I remember the old tinsel. My mom so carefully hung it a few strands each on the branches and at the end of the season, she carefully removed it to use again the next. I think my mom was the original thrift queen. I, too, have a picture of my older son on his first Christmas hanging on the tree and he's 31 :) There was a picture of my second son (Jake's dad) when he was about 4 that was an ornament he made in preschool. Jake had no idea who it was and thought it pretty funny.
Oh, the memories...where has the time gone?
I love that rug behind the tree. How sweet the momma bird going to feed the babies!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Donna said...

Yes, your tree is lovely and all those [precious ornamets that bring back special memories are like a little gift to the heart each year when you take them out again. You ballet slippers are so sweet...I have a pair too from my daughter's dance days.
Excited for your impending new arrival! We had one last year and it made Christmas so terrific! You'll have great pictures to post!!! Can't wait to see...:-)

Carmen and the Primcats said...

I love your tree!!!!

Carmen and the Primcats

Larkrise garden girl said...

Your tree looks wonderful. The ornaments are priceless too!I like the stories you told of each one. Is that a rug hooking on the back of the tree in the picture? It looks pretty also. Cheri

Unknown said...

How nice to have so many memories in that tree! Enjoy!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Such a lovely tree, and so special too. We just put up our tree last night and we have many similar memories associated with each ornament.

Cathy G. said...

Love seeing those cherished ornaments and your tree is wonderful! Tinsel........oh the memories! It makes me smile!

Cathy g

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

What is it about Christmas that floods us with such memories? Isn't it wonderful that just one simple glass ornament can fill us with such joy. Your tree is lovely.

Vicki said...

Love your blog! Also love your tree.....Isn't it wonderful all of the memories that we have? I love the season and everything about it...Merry Christmas!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Your tree is beautiful! I love the tinsel, you don't see that much anymore! When I unwrap my ornaments I feel like I'm catching up with old friends - they all have a special memory. Have a great week!

saltbox
treasures
said...

Love your vintage tree!!! Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!
~ Julie

lace & arsenic said...

...all i can say, it 'next yr'!! about my tree...im glad urs is as pretty as i xpected!...