My rose bush smells so heavenly.
The colors are not right in this picture at all but I did some dying. On top, the cotton fabric on the left is the "before." The blue is very much like a denim blue. The wool pieces I threw in because I put way too much dye in my pot. (The green was a bright orange.)
A few weeks ago I bought this vest at a thrift store intending to stitch on it. It is jet black linen, J Jill, so expensive in its day, but for $3.00 I am giving it a try.
Tomorrow my daughter and family are coming for brunch. She wants to sell her old Barbies. My granddaughter never had any interest in them, so I'm happy to get them out of my attic.
There were some very long-time special friends who moved away who were in town. Six of us gathered for a nice long lunch. So wonderful!
But as you can see, it wore him out, lol.
***********
It is motorcycle week here and it is noisy and much to busy.
We have one VRBO in our neighborhood. It's a nice, quiet, dead-end, wooded neighborhood.
On Wednesday afternoon, here came 11 bikers and a camper! Well, the camper left, but the 11 bikers stayed. Much too loud and much too fast in this little neighborhood. Looking forward to Sunday when they all leave.
Have a great week!






11 comments:
I can't even imagine the amount of noise emanating from that VRBO with all those bikers. Take care.
I'd be happy when the noisy bikers left too. We have a neighbour in the back of us with a high-powered car which he takes off in a great burst of noise.
I know that many people enjoy their motorbikes and operate them sensibly, but then there are who persist in gunning engines to make loud noises or play a radio so loud. We get them here in Nashua, NH, as well.
I love that old gold colored wool!!! When I used to travel to Cape May via the ferry, it occurred the same time as bike week. They usually let the bikers enter the ferry first and then the vehicles. Which meant they were first out. Talk about the noise when they all started up the bikes to exit the ferry!!!!!!
I think there is something very special about staying home. Sometimes the world makes us feel that we always need to be going somewhere or doing something, but some of the most peaceful moments happen right where we are. Thank you for reminding us that home can be an adventure too. Have a beautiful week!
Oh, dyeing fabric! Is it hard? I hope you have a good week. I love the bee!!!
You sound exactly like me... As mentioned in my post of yesterday, I said I'm not sad about not being able to go to the lake for the 4th because of all the noise and "out-of-towners." Several properties very near us on the lake have been turned into VRBO's, etc. and the noise and partying and fireworks is crazy....for days before and days after. But now my son is saying he wants to go up to see what things he might be able to take care of. Ugh....I should be glad, but.....?? (Oh...and we have a bike week up there as well but it's in the fall...and I avoid the area like the plague then too. The noise is horrendous and you can't get in a restaurant or store and trying to go into town is an absolute nightmare.)
Those darn bikers. I'm sure my son and his girlfriend would have loved being there...lol!
Enjoy your peace and quiet.
Yikes. That would definitely be the downside of a neighborhood VRBO. I smiled at the pic of your husband. Rick has done the exact same thing!
Good evening Bikers can really take over an area for sure. Most though seem pretty nice people. though The have a hugs bike fest at this lake that lasts for several days-not near us though
What’s the secret to a beautiful blooming rosebush? I need to know - I have a couple that look like they’re old, but they’re very finicky. And I agree, wholeheartedly, can’t stand a lot of noise. I just asked Robin if that meant I was getting old.!! That was never my style anyway, Peace and quiet, fireflies, a cool breeze that’s more my style.
Post a Comment