Sunday, June 7, 2026

Packing My Bags


The other end of my porch where we have all our meals in the summer. 


A local restaurant in town opened their outdoor deck. This scene was in a very famous movie 40+ years ago. Do you know the movie?

And this is the best shot I could get of a baby eastern bluebird before the parents started chasing me.


I finally got my fairy lilies out for the summer. It hasn't even been a week, and it's starting to bloom.

I am stitching on a napkin I was given. I ordered a Michelle Palmer slow stitch pattern to work on. More on that when I get started.

I am meeting up with 3 sweet friends at the beach for a few days. I am looking forward to seeing them so much; we will have such a great time together. We are all from different states, so we only gather a few times a year.
**********************
The movie was "On Golden Pond," and it was filmed on the lake here.
Have a wonderful week!

20 comments:

Saundra said...

I did see that movie many years ago but didn't recognize that scene. Am sure you and the gals will have loads of fun. Will there be any loops pulled or just lots of banter and laughter? Either way you'll enjoy, I know.
Saundra

Granny Marigold said...

I think I watched that movie but don't recall that scene. Have a lovely time with your friends!!

Chrissy T said...

Hello!!! Oh, I would love an area to eat meals outside. My dog in our backyard really prevents any enjoyment of our backyard. She is extremely hyper. My front porch would work on days it is cloudy and cool. It gets FULL sun all day!

Your area is lovely! Have the bestest time with your friends!! Enjoy!

Mari said...

That's a pretty spot and was such a good movie.
The bluebird pic is so sweet!
Have the best time with your friends!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your porch is so inviting. Lucky you to have such a wonderful spot to enjoy your meals and coffee...and some creative time.
Beach time with friends sounds heavenly! Enjoy and be sure to share your adventures upon your return.

Debbie said...

i loved that movie but i did not guess correctly!! the embroidery is lovely and i LOVE wrap around porches!! have the BEST time on your girls trip!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Squam Lake!!! I probably should rewatch that movie...it's been years and years since I've seen it. Your porch is the thing of which dream are made....I so wish I had an area like that. What a sweet photo of that little bluebird. Bluebirds are a rarity here it seems. Maybe that's why they are called "Eastern" bluebirds and not "Northern" bluebirds. Enjoy your getaway with your tribe! Sounds like fun in the making!

Chatty Crone said...

Have a fabulous time.

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh my Cathy - I have seen Golden Pond at least a couple of times...didn't recognize the picture...now will have to go revisit that movie to see if I can find it. Love your embroidery work...been years since I did that but certainly enjoyed it...think I have a piece that I need to finish in a drawer. You are inspiring me to pull it out come winter, Hope you have a great time with your friends. Stay safe - God Bless.

Mary and Chris said...

I can understand why this beautiful place was chosen as a filming location. I hope you have a wonderful time with your friends and create many new memories, experiences, and conversations together.

Prims By The Water said...

I did not remember the movie until you said something. Hope you have a great time. Would love to have dinner on your covered porch. So quaint. Janice

Marcia said...

I guessed On Golden Pond. Have a good trip.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I have never seen that movie but most likely would not have recognized the scene. Enjoy your getaway with friends.

Dicky Bird said...

That was a great movie! Have a good time with friends!

Jeanie said...

Have a wonderful time at the beach. I just love "On Golden Pond."

MELODY JACOB said...

This feels like such a warm snapshot of everyday life, from porch meals to stitching plans and little garden surprises. The bluebird moment especially made me smile, those quick encounters never stay still long enough, do they.
Meeting friends at the beach sounds like something to really look forward to, especially when you only get those rare times together. There’s something special about friendships that travel across states and still hold steady.

Veronica Lee said...

That movie brings back memories, though I wouldn’t have recognized the spot either.
Your porch looks like such a welcoming place to relax, enjoy meals, or spend time being creative.
A beach trip with dear friends sounds wonderful.
Wishing you an enjoyable time together and can’t wait to hear about it when you’re back.

Liz Hinds said...

I love your porch!

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Ahhh the porch - pea green with envy!!

Kathylorraine said...

Good morning ebjoy your trip