We exchanged gifts, ideas, and amazing craft projects. This was a kit Donna put together for each of us. Now to get stitching.
Fairy lilies.
On the way home I stopped at the thrift store and church sale and spent a total of 2.00.
Great cookbooks.
My sweet grand texted she needed more tags. She paints or embroider on them and gives them as gifts. I coffee stain them and add a little cinnamon to scent them. A great day for them to dry outside.
********************
Our weather has been very hot and humid, not bad at all, with storms coming in tonight.
Motorcycle week is here, so we'll stay tucked in the woods until it's over. It's too busy on the roads for us.









15 comments:
Hello!! Oh, what a blessing to have such friendship!!! Oh, I love the tag idea your grand does with the tags. How neat. Those fairy lilies and the peony!!! BEAUTIFUL!
I adore that first photo of the pursette. Back in the day when I vended antiqued tags were one of the things I did. And also did something else with tags which I'll have to send you a personal email about. But not tonight.
What a blessing to have friends that you can count on, be yourself with, and have such wonderful times together - good for you! Fun to come home to see so many things in bloom. We’ve had heat and humidity here too lately. Fingers crossed it’s supposed to be cooler this week - hoping it is for you too.
My sister has the same beautiful Peony!! I don't think I've heard of Fairy Lilies but they sure are delicate as fairies!!
Welcome home! I’m sure your get-away was heavenly.
Donna is SO creative. Looking forward to your project.
Gorgeous blooms.
Ahh ... motorcycle week. You're closer to the action but they do find there way down here too especially to see the Cornish-Windsor Bridge.
Good friendships are always to be treasured and yours sound very special with shared interests as well. The fairy lilies are beautiful and how nice that they were in bloom for your arrival home. We had a stretch of hot and humid weather last week, but after rain last night, today was so much nicer.
How wonderful to have such friendship. I use to make my tags like this when selling my primitive crafts. How fun sweet B uses them. We had bad weather a few days ago. Rain tomorrow, but dont mind as we need it. Janice
I love old cookbooks. It is always good to have friends. Those gift tags are wonderful. I love your peony. When I was a little girl I saw a picture of a peony like that and forever thought it was the perfect flower.
Glad to hear you had a wonderful time with friends, although there was no doubt that you would. And how sweet to come home to your beautiful plants. I did not realize you over-wintered your fairy lilies. Definitely not "hot" here...tomorrow our high is to be in the upper 50's only...but, yes, storms. 100% chance with some strong ones. It's been a strange start to summer here.
sounds like a wonderful time with friends who are "like minded"!! your plants are doing well, i am very curious about the tags you make!!
Somehow I was knocked off your mailing list, found you again! What a nice time you must have had with your good friends. I've joined a nice group of quilting gals and will join them at my first ever quilting retreat in Wolfeboro this fall, can't wait! Your lilies are gorgeous, I only have a few Madonna lilies and one or two Stargazers, depending on the weather, haha. My irises are the same way, you never know what colors will appear each year. Love the antiqued tags! I'm staying away from NH until bike week is over! Jan in MA
I'm so far behind in blogging and visiting blogs! I went back and read your previous posts. Summer is blooming at your house! The wasp nest gave me chills. I hope you weren't stung and I also hope we have a mild winter! Have a good weekend Cathy!
Good evening you find the neatest things at your thrift store-I have one not too far from here I need to check out again this summer. can't remember if told I have a working blog again https://kathysdoingslake.blogspot.com/ things have been kinda crazy hee
One more day and it will be quiet again. You are smart to stay away until they are gone.
Cathy
Post a Comment