Sunday, June 28, 2026

Keeping Busy


One of the years we went to Star Island for a rug hooking retreat, our sweet leader gave us this apron. Well, after a five-year break, we are going back. And we are making our aprons fancy for the return trip.

Because I have a horrid addiction to my phone, I found a woman who is making lavender baskets. My lavender is in full bloom, so I had to make one.
 *****************
We are getting all kinds of alerts about the heat coming in and the very high dew point. We've had such lovely days with rain every few days. So I'm very, very sad about this and a bit worried that we only have one air conditioner in our bedroom.I really hate the heat!!
If I haven't gotten back to you, I am sorry. Computer issues and I am working on my phone, which is not easy.
 Stay cool and safe everyone!

14 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

We are already in the extreme heat watch which will probably turn into a warning in a few days. Temps to reach over 100. UGH Here's hoping all of our air conditioners can handle this awful heat and the electric grid does not go silent. Janice

Chrissy T said...

Hello! Oh, I love a good apron! That sounds fun about making the fancy!
Oh…I love lavender so much!!!!
We are having HOT days and major heat waves as well. Yesterday said on the weather app that it felt like 105.

Saundra said...

there has been an alert here too that we will be in the triple digits beginning Thursday. Sure hope my central air continues to work. What makes it work is when it is humid, when living in California I could stand the triple digits temps but it was a dry heat.
You gals will be all decked out in your fancy embroidered aprons. You go girls!
Saundra

Mary and Chris said...

We have the same conditions here. The heat doesn't help you concentrate or allow your body to truly relax. I hope you get more rain, but with cooler temperatures, otherwise it just feels like a sauna. Your aprons are beautiful, and I hope making them keeps you wonderful company.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh back to Start Island. Fun times ahead! Your apron is so sweet.
The hot, humid weather will be here in full force tomorrow. Lucky you to have been getting rain. Not us 😭
I have A/C, but it does not cool the upstairs and the system is not that old, nor my house that big.
Computer issues. So sorry. It is very frustrating. Hopefully they will be resolved soon.

Kathylorraine said...

We are already in the extreme heat with humidity too. I didn't grow up with a/c but when we moved to this area of Missouri we had to have it. I don't keep the house real cold though just to keep the humidity out and take the edge off and I don't want a very high bill either smiles. enjoy the retreat
Kathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awww...your apron stitching is adorable. I hope you will take photos of everyone's to share with us. Your lavender basket is sweet. I always loved the lavender wands you made in prior years as well. One of these days I really am going to attempt one. We are under an extreme heat warning already...with heat indices reaching 109º - unheard of in Nod. I have central a/c but I don't care for it and avoid it if I can. It makes me so sleepy for some reason...and, like Lauren, mine does little, if anything, to cool the upper level where I sleep. I hope you stay cool...and busy. Of the latter I have little doubt. ;-)

Granny Marigold said...

I hope you have w great time at the rug making retreat. Also hope that cooler air comes your way soon.

Debbie said...

i saw that video too...i was so tempted. your apron is adorable!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The lavender basket is pretty and hope your retreat will be after this current heat wave.

Dicky Bird said...

Enjoy your hooking retreat - please share with us what everyone is making. Yes, it's sautry here in WI

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Stay cool! Consider a second A/C unit.
May

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

I love the fragrance of lavender- what a clever idea! I never have much luck growing it, but I’m trying again this year. And keep cool if you can - we’re expecting it as well - ugh I just hate the heat and humidity of summer. Give me 65-70 degrees and I’m happy!

Kay G. said...

Oh, I love that lavender basket! My English mother in law had lots of aprons, she called them pinnies! (Short for pinafores, I think.) Stay cool!