Sunday, September 25, 2022

Sunday

We got up early and headed out for breakfast. The first time in a very long time. Well, we found a quilt show while out and about. 

Whoever did the marketing for this show did a great job!
They put quilts in all the businesses window and had a group of food trucks near the entrance. We decided to not attend the show, but I do appreciate the amazing work. 

We went to a little vintage fair and a couple of stores.
I got this small tablecloth that is April Cornell for 2.00 perfect for the porch. We also purchased some handmade ricotta cheese that is pretty yummy. 

I found a Susan Branch calendar for next year at a big discount. I usually get 2 one desk calendar and one for the house. Now all I need is the desk calendar. 

I also got several packages of spring bulbs to plant. I am trying to add more bulbs each year, so we have lot and lots of color when the snow finally goes. 

Husband made us a new charcuterie board. Or as we always called appetizers. Rain forecasted for this afternoon, so we are tucked in watching our patriots play and I am continuing to work on my rug.
Have a wonderful week!


13 comments:

Marcia said...

My husband is watching that game now too. We were once Ravens fans before we moved to NH.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Another fun adventure...and breakfast to boot. Can't remember when I have gone for breakfast....or lunch...or dinner LOL. Love the tablecloth...you're right, perfect for a porch! I always have grand ideas for planting bulbs, then I forget...or, more likely, procrastinate until the ground is too frozen. Enjoy the game...and the hooking! ~Robin~

kathyinozarks said...

Everything sounds so fun-quilt shows are fun, I went to a couple here in Missouri a few years ago. Love your appetizer board-have a good week hugs

Jeanie said...

I love April Cornell's work. And that charcuterie board is gorgeous. He's as talented as you are in his way!

Saundra said...

Perfect for the porch is a Susan Branch tablecloth. My how time flys but when in a crisis it seems to go so slow. I remember when your husband was very ill and now he is building fish ponds, doing wood work, building you a craft room...WOW! God works in wonderous ways.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Yes, it is almost bulb planting time, isn't it. Sounds like you had a nice weekend. I like that calendar. I need to start looking for a nice 2023 calendar. I hope the coming week is a good one for you!

Julia said...

We go out for breakfast at least once a week with friends. Sometimes it's just the two of us. It's pretty well the only thing we do together. Your husband is pretty handy working wood.

I'm French but I have never used a charcuterie board and just use a tray. lol...
Your bright tablecloth is perfect for the porch and your charcuterie board will look good on it.

My husband never watches sports, instead, he watches health youtube videos with his headphone on. At least, it's pretty quiet. lol...


Have a good week.
Hugs,
Julia

yaya said...

I thought I commented here on Sunday but I see I didn't! Sounds like you had a lovely day with breakfast thrown in! I love an adventure day! We had one on Saturday but it didn't turn out too great..I'll blog about it this week. You found some nice treasures and I love Susan Branch's artwork. I bet it's a fun and colorful calendar. I can't believe we're getting this close to a new year. 2022 is flying by and I know my favorite month of October will too. Have a good week Cathy!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Sounds like a fun day.
Charcuterie...makes me laugh. You are right with "appetizer". I just think charcuterie sounds snooty.

Prims By The Water said...

That was a wonderful marketing idea! Your hubby did a great job on the appetizer board. I cannot even say that other word nor spell it correctly, so I am with Lauren on it sounding snooty. LOL Janice

Dicky Bird said...

I love the new board. Have you seen the "butter boards" - I may have to do one soon.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I used to go to Quilt shows every year - they are so fun!

Hill Top Post said...

We are needing to take a day like this. Just head out and... I love the first quilt. Log Cabin quilts are among my favorites.