Sunday, September 18, 2022

Shades of Fall

The wild asters are blooming everywhere. 



 

We had a drier summer, so I am seeing the leaves dry and fall off the trees before they turn colors. So, I am not hopeful for a very colorful fall. 

But I am still holding out hope. This is my favorite time of year.
It certainly is the most beautiful
Our wood pile that hopefully keeps the oil man away. I am a bit afraid of the heating oil prices for this coming winter. 
 

 

Back to my rug I am trying a teal blue border. I think I really like it. Much better than the brown I have started. 



Hopefully this is a better picture of my rug it should work to enlarge it. I am coming to the finish line with this rug. I have a very large witch I would like to get started but I have another owl rug I am taking to rug camp at the end of October.


As a kid I loved the smell and sounds of fall. I used to walk to school
I loved walking in the leaves and hearing the crunch they made.
I remember picking the most beautiful leaves and my mother helping me iron them between two pieces of wax paper to save them. I use to have a big dictionary full of my most favorite leaves now I wish I still had them sigh....
Have a wonderful week. 

7 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Good evening, your rug has come along well-thinking you will be happy for the finish. we have acorns and black walnuts dropping from the trees now before they are mature-we did get a good amount of rain but we had months of those 100's
I remember ironing leaves between wax paper too-loved that-we should do it again Happy new week
hugs Kathy

Prims By The Water said...

WOW that rug is bigger than I thought. So glad you found a border color you like. Hope you have fun at rug camp! My favorite thing to do in Fall was to go to the cider mill. Hope you enjoyed your weekend. Janice

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your rug looks great! I bet you are anxious to finish it and move on to the next rug!
Oh, I used to press leaves between wax paper, too. The simple things in life ;-)

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your rug is HUGE! And hugely amazing! I like the teal border too... not anything I would ever have thought of. 🤔 Ahhh, yes...fall. And that quote really makes me reflect and ponder. Fall has been my favorite time of year as long as I can remember...Yes, I, too, remember the collection of leaves and pressing between pieces of wax paper. I also loved walking in the woods in the fall and smelling the amazing smell of leaves. And this may seem strange to most, but I actually loved going through are large garden and finding rotting tomatoes, squash, etc. that weren't mature enough to harvest before the frost. My imagination, then, was my best friend...and fall was its favorite time of year as well. ~Robin~

Jeanie said...

I love your asters. I think you've hit it just right with the teal as a border. It will be just beautiful, Cathy.

Saundra said...

Dry in Delaware too so leaves started dropping very early here too. Teal is perfect since you've used it elsewhere in the rug and brings it all together beautifully.

michb said...

Your rug is beautiful, I admire your cheerful grateful attitude...thank you for your encouraging words each week!