Sunday, April 7, 2019

Making Do

I have been getting my spring and Easter things out.
In my next life I would like to live here. Such a sweet painting I picked up at some sale.


Every year we blow out eggs and Sweet B colors them.
I have tried to save as many as I can over the years. Makes a sweet decoration.

I finally got to take my close friend out for lunch for her birthday that was last month. After we headed to the local thrift store.
I found this it is for sewing but I am going to use it for my rug hooking. Good find for 3.00.

I also found this small green pottery bowl. Just the right size for compound butter that I make to go with bread when I bake. .50

And this hand stitched sweet candle mat. again .50 I had to rescue it! it is sitting on my coffee table with a battery operated candle.


Sat I finally got to my guild meeting. I got up early and made Madeleines to take with me.

It was indigo dying (Shebori) funny thing is when I got home I figured out this was not my piece. but still nice and fun class.


I have wanted one of the covers for my frame like everyone has but since I am on a self imposed buying freeze I pulled out what I had for fabric....

And I made myself one from materials I had here. I am trying very hard not to purchase any rug hooking supplies for at least 6 months. I am a hoarder when it comes to rug hooking, I have lots of books and ideas I have wanted to hook but if  I see something I like, I buy it! I will never live long enough to use up the wool and linen I  already have. 
***
Nice weekend we were able to do a bit of yard work where the snow has receded. I have plants starting to pop up ahhh spring I knew you would come. Except we have snow in the forecast for tomorrow! not much but still snow. 
Have a great week everyone!



11 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I would love a tiny cottage in my back yard, surrounded by trees and flowers, I might never come out, lol.
Looks like some nice finds and a beautiful dyed piece. I wonder who got yours?

Debbie

Saundra said...

I cannot hook with one of those things around the edge of my grippers as it reduces the area of hooking and my viewing pleasure. When first getting a frame with grippers my arm used to get scratched up. Than learned how to keep my arms away from that surface.

Those Madeleines look yummy as does the indigo dye job. I've always wanted to try that.

yaya said...

I'm sorry you're getting snow. We never know if we're done with that white stuff for the season but I'm hoping it is. We had 70de temps this weekend..whew, it was nice to get outdoors and work in the yard but I'm hurting today! You got some really nice buys...I love resale shops. There's a really nice one near my Mom's and I'm going out at the end of the month so I know it's the place to hit! Have a good week!

Prims By The Water said...

Fun eggs and great finds! I started a Spring in my step and brought out some Spring today too. Janice

Rugs and Pugs said...

I think all rug hookers are hoarders 🤣🤣🤣
Great finds at the thrift store.

Jacqueline said...

Great finds. I need to make a trip to our thrift shops soon. Not that I need anything, in fact just the opposite. But one never knows!

Julia said...

We are supposed to get snow also but it will stop at some point. The week doesn't look great weatherwise. They forecast 15 to 20 centimeters of snow, between 6 and 8 inches, more or less.

I used to go to the secondhand stores but haven't gone in quite a long time. Instead, I've been decluttering but my brother in law keeps giving some of his finds to my husband. lol...
I can't wait for that warm day when the soil dries up enough to go clean my garden and yard. I guess it won't be today. lol.
Hang in there. Hugs, Julia

Larkrise garden girl said...

I agree there is a little bit of hoarding enjoyment in rughooking. You can never have enough wool.
I loved all the pictures of skiing children they look so cute!
I went back and read all your posts catching up with your interesting life!
Hugs cheri

Three Sheep Studio said...

Ohhh, I just love your thrift store finds !
Very sweet that you save some of the Easter Eggs from year to year.
Rose

Farm Girl said...

What lovely finds! I did that last year, I went a whole year without buying a single rug hooking thing and I made it whole year.
Have a great week.

moosecraft said...

You certainly found some great stuff at the thrift! Love the tote and the bowl! Nice piece of wool....I'm wondering who got yours and if they realize it's not their's? lol! I have found that the only way to not collect more rug hooking supplies is to not look...lol! When I used to go to hook-ins and guild meetings I would always not be able to resist the wool...I would return home with arm fulls (and an adrenaline rush)!!! lol! Enjoy it all! :-)