Sunday, April 28, 2019

A Weekend At The Beach

This is Parson's beach in Maine. Just the loveliest beach.

And it has the signature rocky beach of Maine on parts of it.

This picture is very washed out but it had the loveliest colors a wonderful rug I would think.
This trip was a gift from my Daughter and Son In Law for Christmas. We look forward to this trip every year. It is a perfect time to visit Maine beaches. And we met up with...


Husband's brother and his wife and Husband's cousin (my rug hooking buddy) and her husband. My bother in law got us into a great restaurant and what a wonderful time we had!!!
After we went to his cousin's house for night caps and lots more laughs. Such a fun night!
****

My sweet friend and I took a nice walk on Thursday and we came to a very old cemetery. I love to read the old stones some are so sad whole families wiped out within months of each other.
***
I am finally done with the commission rug I was working on (and driving me crazy) I just need to bind it, it is all steamed and waiting for me. 
***
We have another busy weekend coming next weekend with company coming and a big vintage sale that husband is vending at.
***
Have a wonderful week.


7 comments:

Julia said...

I'm glad that you had a little getaway. It looks like you really enjoyed yourselves.
Yay for finishing hooking your commissioned rug. Whipping won't take too long once you get started.

Take care and I hope you have a good week.
Hugs, Julia

WoolenSails said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend, did you find any glass?
Not sure if this will go through, we shall see if it disappears again, lol.

Debbie

Prims By The Water said...

What a fun trip you had. Its so nice to spend time with family and friends. Good luck at the sale. Janice

Judy said...

What a great weekend at a beautiful place.

yaya said...

What a nice gift and so fun to have a trip to look forward too during your long and snowy winter! Going to Maine is on my bucket list..hoping to get there next year! Have a good week!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Fun times! Enjoy the vintage market. I am heading to one in Cleveland on Friday.

Three Sheep Studio said...

Looks like a very fun trip and so special that it was a gift from your family.
Rose