Monday, February 18, 2019

Still Pretty

We had snow all day today what was suppose to be a dusting to 3 inches ended up double that. Now we are cold brrrrr

While I complain about the snow it still is a pretty beautiful place to live. (I can not remember the name of the photographer but so beautiful)

The one good thing is our days are getting longer. When I get out of work at 5 now it is not pitch dark. I still have some light to drive home in and sometimes I even get a walk in before dinner.

The moon will be full tomorrow but still beautiful tonight.
There are lots of hikes and snowshoe walks in the woods being offered tomorrow night I might try to join in, it would be nice to get outside under the moon.

We had a long time friend that was guest over the weekend it was nice to catch up and talk over the good old times.
****
Well that is about all that happened last week. I am still hooking my stair risers I tried dyeing wool but it was a big fail so maybe I will give it another try. I did finish a needle punch piece now to put it together! 
Have a wonderful week!

10 comments:

Saundra said...

Woman after my own heart....'a glass half full'. I've had those times when more snow was predicted and we got a dusting. BUT, had those other reports where it was to be an inch and received much more.

Yup, days getting longer, sun was shining and we woke up this morning to the beautiful world. Keep those thoughts going and you will be in a better frame of mind. HUGS.

Rugs and Pugs said...

So sorry about you getting yet more snow. ⛄️⛄️⛄️
Congrats on finishing a punch needle piece.
Looking forward to seeing more of your stair risers.

WoolenSails said...

We got a little but seems all the snow is heading north this year. Bitter cold tonight.
I love that the days are longer, hate when it gets dark early.

Debbie

Prims By The Water said...

We had 6 inches again the other night. Now under a flood warning again. Ice and rain tomorrow. So over Winter here. I was just thinking if you had been working on your stair risers. Cannot wait to see more! Janice

Julia said...

The snow is supposed to come this way and the snow banks are getting higher. My deck is just about full, a good thing it has a cement foundation to support the weight and it's cold this morning. I've also noticed that daylight is getting longer. Yay...

The full moon was amazing this morning. My husband said it looked like it was daylight when he went to the barn.

I'm looking forward to seeing your stair risers all finished. It's an ambitious project.
Hugs, Julia

Farm Girl said...

The moon is beautiful. We have snow in the mountains, and last night seeing the moon on the snow was so pretty.
I like the bit of sunshine in the evening now too.
Have a great week.

Raymond Homestead said...

We are supposed to get more snow too. It's been a long winter for sure.

yaya said...

We're in for an ice/snow mess in the AM but some warm weather is heading our way this weekend. The moon was fabulous last night but I tried a photo tonight and it was too cloudy. Oh well, I hope your weather improves and you do live in a beautiful place!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

The snow is lovely but come this time of year I am ready for SPRING to arrive!! We just came home from the Caribbean to find and icy driveway and a frozen snowbank that was 18"high....haven't been by in a while - hope all is well with you!

Love Affair with Food said...

I was talking to my friend in Minnesota and it is really bad with a snowstorm on the horizon, too.