Monday, February 5, 2018

I've Been Busy!

We had a super blue moon at the end of January.
I love the moon.
This time of year it looks like daytime with the moon reflecting off the snow which makes it very hard to sleep.
 e

I recently picked up an second hand ice cream maker. So with low fat yogurt and some strawberries I gave it a whirl. Very good and we kept the fat and the sugar low so a good treat.  

We have been toying with getting a single serve coffee maker.
It kills me the price of coffee in those little cups.
I make a small pot in the morning but sometimes in the afternoon we would like a cup.
Then I remembered the french press I have. A small scoop of coffee, some boiling water,wait for a few minutes, voila!  really great coffee for much less than the single cups.

Beth at Parris house wool works in Paris Maine had a little giveaway on her facebook page around the first of the year. She sent me these wonderful things. Her pattern of a bee. (We call our granddaughter sweet B) so perfect, wool, and wonderful handmade soap. So very generous. If you are on facebook find her she always has wonderful things on her page.

I can not say enough wonderful things about these stair risers that a 
 rug hooker friend drew for me! This is a very small sneak peek. They are amazing and I can't wait to start on them. 
I met her on my retreat to Star Island. 
I love meeting other rug hookers they are usually open, wonderful, sharing, and kind. And usually up for a good laugh!! 
***
Well my Patriots lost so sad but there is always next year.  Then I stayed up to watch "This Is Us" Ok I knew Jack was dead but I didn't know how he died. I was sobbing with his TV wife Rebecca. So crazy but sign of a good show. 
We are in for another snow storm on Wed 10 plus inches. It has been so icy if  you take a walk you're taking your life in your hands. You'll break a hip!!!
Can't wait for spring!
Have a great week!!!

11 comments:

Judy said...

We keep having these predictions of monster snowfalls and on Saturday, only got 3"
It is snowing now and will again on Wednesday. I hope they are small ones too.
"This Is Us" is quite the show, isn't it?

Prims By The Water said...

Sweet gifts. Cannot wait to see how you hook that sweet B. We had 7 inches of snow over the weekend. I am so done with snow. It was cloudy the morning of the Sper moon so I missed it. Janice

WoolenSails said...

I used to make my own ice-cream, no sugar though, still tasted good, but it does take a lot to make it.
Now i make fruit popsicles and slushies. Great win and that will be fun for Miss B, and the stair rises will be nice.
One of my cats pukes on everything, so it is not worth having nice rugs for now.
I taped the show and watched tonight, yeh, we knew what was going to happen, but still a tear jerker;)

Debbie

Rugs and Pugs said...

Sorry about your Patriots :(
Oh, those stair risers will be so cool.
Hugs :)
Lauren

moosecraft said...

You've got some great hooking lined up! :-) Thanks for the french press reminder....I had been meaning to try one of those. We'll be getting 2 inches from the storm that's headed your way... I'm right there with you with wishing Spring would come quicker! :-) Be safe!

Julia said...

Sorry, your favorite team lost. I'm not into sport probably because my husband is not into sport. I haven't watched much TV lately. I never heard of the show, This Is Us. I'm glad you enjoy it so much.

The coffee press sounds like an excellent choice for good cheap coffee. I have a Keurig but I never use those expensive coffee pods, instead, I purchased a reusable filter especially for my machine for about $20. and with the money I save, in no time the filter paid for itself. I like my coffee strong and my husband loves his weak.

What a generous gift from Beth at Parris House, and those stair raisers are beautiful, this is your lucky week. Miss B. will love that Bee Rug for sure.

Have a great week and take heart. Spring is just around the corner. A little more than 43 days... Yay!!!
HUgs, Julia

Saundra said...

Yum, your homemade yogurt ice cream looks delicious. Lucky you to be the winner of the giveaway.

yaya said...

I was just reading about the snowstorm headed your way. We're going to get some of it but not as much as you guys. Stay safe and please don't break anything! I see lots of breaks in surgery during the Winter but believe it or not, Summer can be just as bad. Our hospital is taking away the Kuerig coffee makers. I don't drink coffee so I'm not as concerned but hopefully they will have a good substitute for those who do. We merged with University Hospitals and believe me, corporate medicine isn't too great! Enjoy your new projects and I'll look forward to see the results. Stay inside during your storm and eat yummy icecream!

Joanna Turchin said...

I also just use my little french press when my overworked Keurig finally died BUT for those who still have that type of Keurig or similar brand, you can make your own cups.
A couple of years ago, at a Walmart store, I bought a single metal net basket for only $5.00 (not like the Keurig brand that costs approx $20. Works wonderful and costs you pennies to make your own as opposed to .54 cents each on brand names!

Farm Girl said...

That is a lot of snow!! I wish we could just have a teeny bit of your weather and you could have ours.
I love those patterns. What nice hooking that will be. I also like your giveway that you won.
Stay safe when you are out and about. If you can, stay warm too.

Raymond Homestead said...

So when you make coffee with your french press, is it strong? I've always wondered about a french press.