Monday, October 30, 2017

HALLOWEEN

Halloween is just around the corner


So we are getting in the spirit.

Over the weekend we had sweet B overnight she has decided that 
I need to hook a few things for her. She would like this in a wall hanging. She also drew a bunny with carrots dancing round him for the floor. She took a bunny pillow I hooked some time ago she felt it would fit in her bedroom just great. I just love that she is excited about hooking. We were also watching a show that had genies with magical powers I asked if she would like to be a genie and she looked at me and said but Grammie I would be me then. Be still my heart, how I love that old soul wrapped in that little girl's body.

I finished my little piece now that I look at it is pretty plain. But It will go on a side table for the fall. 
****
We had a very large wind and rain storm last night, a lot of the state is out of power. We are on a dead end road with just a few other houses,and always the last to get it back. I was told that it would take several days. So I am happy to be at work with lights, the radio and the internet! 
Have a great week.

9 comments:

Saundra said...

Such a sweet story about Miss B. Nice hooked piece and can't wait to see how you hook up her drawings. Had wind and rain here too; rain is gone but wind still howling.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I love the simplicity of your rug!
Sweet Miss B. What a treasure.
I hope your power is restored quickly. UGH!
Happy Halloween :)
Lauren

Sandra said...

Your hooked piece doesn't look plain at all to me. It is very nice. We had our very first snow for the season last night and the wind has been howling; but thankful to have our power stay on. Hope they get to yours quickly.

Julia said...

That little Miss B. is such a wise old soul. I think that you've hit the jack-pot when you got her for a granddaughter.

I'm looking forward to seeing that banner rug hooked up.

We're having rain and winds here too and some place are out of power. That wind has taken a lot of the leaves off the trees.
I took the time to do a little house cleaning this afternoon.

Happy Halloween.
Hugs, Julia


WoolenSails said...

That will be so fun to hook her designs, she is such a sweet little girl.
We lost power last night so still waiting.

Debbie

Farm Girl said...

I like it when my grands ask for things for me to hook.
I love your newest rug. I hope you get your power back on soon.
Our was off the other day. I liked the quiet and the candle light for a while. I don't know about days. :)

yaya said...

What fun memories you'll make with teaching the art of rug hooking to Miss B! Hope your power comes on soon and Halloween can be enjoyed! We're looking at some snow tomorrow..not quite ready for all this chillyness! Love that cute rug with the crow!

Prims By The Water said...

Love your lil pumpkin crow mat. Hope you get your power back soon. We had snow here this morning in Michigan. Mother Nature's Trick or Treat. Janice

gin said...

So precious that you can pass your rug hooking skills on to your grand. I do the same with mine with anything they want to do to copy me. My one granddaughter ask to play with my fabric stash, of course I let her. We have started making things together. We free-handed cut a cat out of fabric, sewed it, stuffed it, and drew the face on. It was a memory she will always have.