Sunday, September 24, 2017

Fall?

We had several nights that the skies, even in the mountains, were beautiful.
****


While I was away last week my daughter celebrated a birthday.
So when I got home we made plans for a spa visit as her gift. It is in
a very nice hotel so my friend, daughter and I went on Friday we 
used the outside hot tub after and really enjoyed the massages.
We think once a month this winter is what we should do to make  to the winter feel shorter, sounds great!

Today husband and I headed to a local farm for some
muffins, a pumpkin or two, and cider belly donuts. It was so hot 90's
which is crazy for us this time of year, I was happy to get home.
I could not imagine going through the corn maze but they were busy.

A woman brought in bags of magazines, really great magazines, to share at work!
I do not care if they are older so I grabbed a stack for home.
I love Early American Life .
 

This is an article on sewn rugs that I will read tonight.
****
Last week was hard to get back to work from a week off but I lived through it. Back to work tomorrow.  We are in for a very hot week.
It is like a hot August here, I think mother nature forgot we turned the calendar. I don't like 90's and humid. I just couldn't pick up a hook this week. 
****
Have a wonderful week!!

9 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Happy birthday to your dear daughter.
It has been hot in Ohio, too, but not as hot as you. Only a few more days until fall weather returns.
I hope our work week flies by.
Hugs :)
Lauren

WoolenSails said...

A spa day sounds nice, but not sure if I would be comfortable getting a message, not the pampering type, lol.
But it is a nice idea for the winter, we need a break from the cold winter days.

Debbie

Saundra said...

I do so enjoy massages but sadly haven't taken the time to have one in quite a while.

Julia said...

We're having those crazy hot August days her too... Hot and muggy. I can't function in the humidity and heat but somehow I get through the day.
Happy birthday to your daughter. Such a thoughtful gift. I so love a therapeutic massage. It makes me sleep so much better at night.

I cut pies all afternoon at our fall church supper yesterday so hopefully Fall is very close.... It was a great success.

Hugs, Julia

yaya said...

We've been having the same weather. Too sinkin' hot for my liking! I know in a few months I'll be wishing for a bit of warmth but for now I'm all about cool and Fall. I'm usually the one bringing in the magazines at work. I'm a magazineaholic for sure! Hope your work week is good and those temps get back to normal.

518frenchgirl said...

Hi Cathy, I found you, was just browsing "old tattered flag" and saw your comment. Just clicked on it and knew it was you right away. Thank you so much for the birdhouse shovel, we love them and mine is on my back patio with pumpkins around it. I couldn't bear to hook either since the trip, but went to our hook-in today and despite the heat, got some more done on my rug. We are headed to North Conway to go camping for 10 days and go to the Fryeburg Fair. Bringing plenty of hooking to finish, supposed to get cooler. Had such a nice time getting to know you and have many great memories. Think of you often. Marilou

518frenchgirl said...

Hi Cathy, I found you, was just browsing "old tattered flag" and saw your comment. Just clicked on it and knew it was you right away. Thank you so much for the birdhouse shovel, we love them and mine is on my back patio with pumpkins around it. I couldn't bear to hook either since the trip, but went to our hook-in today and despite the heat, got some more done on my rug. We are headed to North Conway to go camping for 10 days and go to the Fryeburg Fair. Bringing plenty of hooking to finish, supposed to get cooler. Had such a nice time getting to know you and have many great memories. Think of you often. Marilou

518Frenchgirl said...

Hey there Cathy, I finally found time to explore the computer since the trip 2 weeks ago. I love hearing how you are doing on your blog...it was so much fun getting to know you at the rughooking retreat. Thanks so much to you and your husband for the primitive birdhouse shovel. It is part of my patio decor and always makes me think of you. We are leaving for North Conway tomorrow. We will go to the Fryeburg Fair a few times while we are there. Marilou

Christine said...

A massage right about now would work wonders for my knotted shoulder!
Glad you all had a great time at the spa - it looks amazing!