Sunday, April 7, 2013

I've Been Busy!

I got to do a little thrifting. My daughter has been looking for
a great basic cookbook I think this fits the bill and for 1.00
it's a bargain.

 Flipping through it I found a recipe for buttermilk bread
and since I had some buttermilk that was hanging around I gave it a try.
I got a pan of rolls and a loaf of bread out of it.

It there anything better than warm bread from the oven with
real butter?

 A great bowl for our annual camping trip for .25.

And a piece of my pottery for .25
***
I went out with a couple of friends to celebrate a belated birthday this past week.
We had such fun lots and lots of laughs.
Then David and I went to our town hall to see a NH comic.
I wish I had my camera with me he let people take pictures.
We enjoyed him a lot.
***
Of course lots and lots of excitement  over Easter
egg hunts and of course Miss B!

I have been reading this book it is a challenge for me because
it goes from 1912 to 1975 to 2005 and then jumps around, so you really have to pay attention.
***
Miracles of miracles I have been hooking a bit too!
***
OK I have been keeping a secret, I love Duck Dynasty:)
It makes me laugh out loud. I may or may not have relatives
that could be on that show. That uncle Si is a hoot.
I know, I know my friends are as shocked as you are ha!
***
Have a great week everyone we are headed for a week of warm
wonderful temps, we are so due.
 

10 comments:

Nellie said...

Love that fresh-baked bread! I'll bet it was yummy! Yes, you are overdue for some warmer temperatures. I hope you have a good week.

Rugs and Pugs said...

There was actually a hint of spring in the air today. It's about time!
Glad you have girlfriend time and hubby time, too. It's good for the soul.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Cathy, oh that bread looks so good, yummy......great finds at a super price, wow.....Psssst......Well, Duck Dynasty is on our T.V. ,to funny.......Blessings Francine.

Kim said...

I keep hearing about Duck Dynasty but haven't watched it yet. So, I should??

yaya said...

We have the same warm temps! I do think you are very overdue for some relief. I was loving it! Great finds again... and you are so right about warm bread...the smell alone brings back so many wonderful memories of my Mom's delish bread...I want some now! Glad you had a busy, but fun weekend!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Was it your birthday? That little girl of yours sure is growing! She is absolutely adorable. Does she remind you of your daughter when she was growing up? Way jealous of your warm bread. Sorry you are still under snow. All my azaleas and roses are blooming. Spring has sprung in our part of the world.

moosecraft said...

Duck Dynasty is the ONLY show I absolutely positively look forward to watching! The whole family is awesome! :-) The bread looks yummy... can almost smell it!

The Paisley Studio/Sarah McNamara said...

Mmmm, that bread looks great! Have no idea what Dick Dynasty is -- now I will have to find out. Happy Spring. Sarah

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

OMG we are so hooked on Duck Dynasty. We get such a kick out of Si. Did you see the episode where he ate the raccoon poop. We laughed so hard. We look forward to Wednesdays night.

Judy said...

There is NOTHING as good as warm bread spread with butter (she says as mouth is watering.)

Duck Dynasty? Are you also into Honey Boo Boo? No? I didn't think so. I have heard of Duck Dynasty--I will have to check it out.