Thursday, September 6, 2012

In The Sauce..

If you saw last post you know that I redid a lamp from the dump
and almost electrocuted myself. All fixed! and It looks great.

Another one of my dump finds was this book written by a blogger orangette.
It is funny because I have checked in on her now and then but not a faithful follower.
I am enjoying the book so I am off to visit her again.
We have a couple people in our little town who write books. So they are sent
advanced copies and sometimes  if I am lucky I get to snag a good one.

I also picked up this one thinking I could enlarge some of the letters
and use them in rug hooking.

and last but not least I have some sauce to make oh boy. All of my tomatoes
turned at the same time.
***
Have a great weekend everyone. Town wide yard sale on Sat, the next town over.
I may go out for an hour or so but other than that I will be home making sauce.
***
Someone once asked me what I regarded as the three most important requirements for happiness. My answer was: "A feeling that you have been honest with yourself and those around you; a feeling that you have done the best you could both in your personal life and in your work; and the ability to love others."
Eleanor Roosevelt
 

13 comments:

yaya said...

The lamp turned out great! So pretty! Making sauce will save you money..especially if you have to skip some of the yard sales! Have a good weekend!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Hey girlfriend I can't believe I am going to be so close to you and not get to visit.
Thank you so much for checking the weather for me and for all the kind words helping me on my Maine journey.
I can't believe I leave tomorrow for Austin and then catch the plane Saturday. Can you tell I am excited.
Love your new lamp. I can't believe you almost electricuted yourself doing the redo. I have to read about it. It turned out lovely though.
I see your able to share pic's. Wonder what is going on with my site. I wish my computer were not acting up so I could figure it out.
I must get that working again so I can share pics of my trip.
Have a great time going to the sale and I think making the sauce would be fun but lots of work too.
Love ya
Maggie

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Cathy, lamp looks wonderful,great job. Town yard sale sounds like fun Sat. I sure would go abd check it out. Lots of tomatos, happy sause making,Francine.

WendyBee said...

I'll say it again, I loooove that lamp.
I'll be visiting the orangette blog - I love the way we bloggers find each other with common interests Have a great weekend!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Your lamp turned out amazing! It looks expensive! I'm about to start hooking my first rug. Here's hoping! :)
Erica

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh you find the best things. I have never heard of that blog but I will have to take a peek. Glad you are ok after the lamp incident.

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Looks like you've been busy! Have a wonderful weekend and have fun making that sauce!

Unknown said...

Those tomatoes look yummy! I love the lamp you made over. Great job!

Nellie said...

I like this quote from Ossian Lang.
"The happy person is the one who finds occasions for joy at every step. He does not have to look for them, he just finds them."

We are TRULY blessed!

Have a wonderful week-end!

Stacy said...

I love the lamp!!! Soo cute.

jody said...

cathy, i love the lamp redo! wish i enjoyed redoing things better... i have a big stash of things i could...redo. always fun to come across some good books. enjoy your day and yes our tomatoes too are all ready at once...

jody said...

love the lamp redo.. glad you lived thru it! always fun to find a couple good books and hope your sauce turns out great! enjoy your day!

annie said...

I do love the lamp, and books, sauce yummm!!!