Thursday, July 5, 2012

Finds

There have been pretty slim pickings at the dump lately
I got this Very young Martha Stewart cookbook.
and country woman magazine. It has a lot of tomato recipes
which I think I will need as we have six tomato plants and David could
careless about them.

\
We are headed camping with the my husband's family it is always fun and interesting.
I thought cookies would come in handy.

And since my pictures are out of order and I can't seem to get them right this is a dump
find also. When my daughter got married we filled bags like these with all kinds of treats
to have in each person's room at the hotel who stayed over for the wedding.
***
We went to  fireworks in the next town which was very nice but very crowded.
when we got home my 19 year old cat met us at the door with 4 little feet sticking out of her mouth.
yes she caught a baby mouse but it wasnt quite dead so we got to try and coax her away from playing with it so we could nab it. The old girl still has it!!
***
Every day I wake up, I think what a blessing --I'm alive. I don't care if it snows, it rains, it thundstorms-- a heatwave, I think I am here--this is terrific.
                                     Richard Harris 1930

15 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Kathy, those cookies look yummy, I have a glass a milk that would go with them right about now,tee hee. Wow, what a young Martha. Have a great time camping,Blessings Francine.

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Funny about your cat! Sophie had her first catch...a chipmunk. My husband got it away from her and it took off into the woods. She was very put out! I've been wanting cookies lately...yours look mighty good!
Hugs,
Courtney

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Great finds!! yeah kitty's still got it!!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

I think I may have that Martha Stewart book! Hey, tell David that tomatoes are loaded with lycopene which is sooooo healthy, especially when cooked! Love your quote too! Have a wonderful weekend!

newburyarts said...

*****so much to write...the cat story has given me ideas for something else for you to hook. the woodchuck story made both of us
laugh here...thanks. try to stay cool...and how is david's rug coming along????? tom

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your blog and really love it.
Such wonderful finds. That is a really young Martha ; )
The cookies look so delicious.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Balisha said...

Have a wonderful weekend...Those cookies.....yum!
Balisha

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wow, does that early Martha book take me back! The cookies look extremely edible!
Have a great weekend,
Robyn

Kim said...

Funny cat story. Glad it was you and not me ;)

DearHelenHartman said...

Cookies are always helpful! Those look yummy. Love the quote and should remind myself of that daily. Have a lovely weekend.

yaya said...

Good mag finds...Martha looks like a newborn! Have a fun camping trip. I hope it's not as hot by you as it is here. Final thought: "Oh crap, you mean my cat could live to be 19?"..oops..sorry all you cat lovers! I do take great care of squeak but seriously, when she pukes, I could puke too! I think this heat has gone to my head and made me cranky!

Judy said...

I had that Martha Quick Cook book! I love the quote--that is the way I've been feeling!!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Yummy! Glad to hear your kitty still has it in her. :)

Tammy Burks said...

I'd go camping with you just for the cookies!

annie said...

those cookies look good!

hope your trip is fabulous!