Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It Is Here!

the weather is beautiful but coming to an end, rain and wind in the forecast. That will take care of the leaves on the trees. It also is getting darker earlier. That is the worst part of winter. the darkness.                                                     I purchased these wooden knives last weekend a whole .5o I love the little hand painted one.

And today I  checked the thrift store before work. the instant meditation book I thought I could learn how to relax a little. I am the best worrier you have ever seen. The ski hat is LLBean don't worry I will shake the cooties out before it is worn.                                            

I was able to get some laundry done. I have been finishing cleaning out the rest of my Mother's things that dish towel was her favorite,no one was to use it. The handmade apron is from a yard sale.

Now you said you didn't mind more fall pictures so I just happen to have a couple more ha. This mushroom is coming up through the leaves. It has been so dry I haven't seen one this fall.

These are what is waiting to be raked. Under these leaves are  a LOT of acorns. When you walk on the leaves it feels like you're on roller skates a little scary.                  

And this is the best thing that happened to me today I received my winnings in the mail. Can you believe how cute this is?? I am looking for a frame so that I can keep it up all year. I just love it thank you so much lauren.                                                                        
I also was listed in Ellie's  blog. she is so sweet to list me as one of her ten favorites. I again want to welcome my new followers. and I LOVE the comments. You really make my day. It's been a bit stressful the past two days here that's the reason for the relaxation book. Thank you so much sweet friends.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Your punch needle is sooooo cute. And keep the Fall photos coming as long as possible. Its my favorite season.
Love the dish towel story - we have "don't use" ones also. It cracks me up! Its like the guest soaps in the bathroom. Auntie will break your hand if you touch one!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Doesn't everyone have something that you kind of save for a special occasion or company. The storm, I heard is going to be quite nasty. That should take care of the rest of the acorns too. Squirrels knock yourself out. Lol!Glad your special came gift to brighten your day.

Joy Tilton said...

I'd be thrilled to find items like that at the thrift stores, nothing that great here. Mom did have "best" and just for show. Can't say I have continued the practice since I married, I use my prettiest and enjoy! Just to answer your question about the Aldi quarter, YES you do get it back when you put your buggy/cart up!

Dog Trot Farm said...

You did discover some great finds! I have to tell you how much I love your mother's dish towel, very sweet. The storm in my neck of the woods was not as bad as predicted, hope you weathered through okay. Surprisingly most of the leaves remained on the trees, I'm not quit ready for the stark look of winter to appear, how about you?

lace & arsenic said...

..so r u gonna use the dish towel?!! i love it too!...my dad has let my nana's hoosier cupboard rot in his big barn. my mom has been wanting it for yrs..i think its sentimental to him..(let it rot tho. go figure!)..hopefully the cupboard lady is NOT related to the rug lady up the st at the restore. LOL..