Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Day of Treasures With My BFF

Today I had a chance to go out and about with my BFF kathy.  I went to fill my booth and do a little shopping. I love needle works that are cottages. This is about 5x7 and has so many different stitches. It is not as brown as it looks here and can you see the flowers? this picture just purrrrrrs.
 I picked up this bracelet at a thrift store for 1.00 it is silver, it looks gold here.It has a little guard chain on it and is signed Monet. The jewelery I prefer to wear are bracelets and earrings.

And speaking of earrings get a look at these cute guys! They have bells on the back, it looks like an eye is missing but it's not. Very vintage. Not sure if I will wear them on hang them on my Santa tree.
 Then we visited our favorite antiques store. Nothing was really hitting me until I saw this. It is a wax ornament. No price tag so I asked how much he said......take it I would love for you to have it. yipeee.
My BFF is leaving for Florida soon and I will miss her, but loved the chance to see her one more time until next spring.
I woke up this morning with a cold, I hate having a cold and working, sniff, sniff, would you like a bag for those books. wait I will use my germy fingers to get it for you. yech
I got on the scales and had to turn around to see if a small child had stepped on with me. OK not a small child a fairly large child. What happened? So I had myself a bit of a pity party. Do you know whats wrong with a pity party? no one attends, and no one serves refreshments. (You knew I would think of refreshment didn't ya.) So I gave myself a talking to. I am watching what I eat and going to bed early (I hate being a grown up.)
Thank you for all of your comments I so love them. Trick or Treat on Main street in the town I work in tomorrow night. about 1200 kids come through. Where do they all come from? I don't believe the grammar school in all the surrounding towns have that many kids added together. Have a great weekend.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You found some neat things. Don't you just love shopping with your friends. I do!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Woo hoo! 50 followers. You're on a roll. Very cool.
Scales. They are evil. They give us false readings to make us feel bad. And it works. Bad scale!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I would be so happy if I could lose the weight of a pug...even a small one!)
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Love the earrings. It is always so much fun to spend the day with a friend especially a best one. I don't own a scale, afraid to see that horrible number everyday. You get to a certain age and the weight just seems to pile on. Hey, I guess I just invited myself to your pity party. Lol!!Can I bring dessert?

Lisa said...

sorry you are feeling bad. I hate scales also. Hope you get some rest and feel better really soon. Take care of yourself.

Cathy G. said...

More great finds! I really need to go shopping! Yesterday I stopped at a thrift store while taking my Mom to the Dr. Couldn't even find a decent piece of wool clothing! I left all the other "treasures" there too for someone else! Some days I get my fix by just looking. But if I don't find some wool very soon I may go crazy! Take care of that cold.....lot's of stuff going around right now!
Hugs,
Cathy G

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Hi there I am now your newest follower. I found your lovely site from over at Orange Sink.
I love her rugs and thought I would take a peek at yours.
Glad I found you
Maggie

Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky said...

Looks like you are having the party I attended earlier this week. LOL

Luckily things always start looking better in a day or two.
I have also started walking and try to eat only when I am really hungry, which is way less often than I would have thought!
Good luck!