Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bits And Pieces

I hope you all had a good weekend, It rained  hard on Friday, but Sat and today are beautiful. We still have some leaves left in spite of all the wind on Friday, so it isn't that bleak winter look yet. On Sat I drove to Maine to pick up my 87 year old aunt and my step dad to take them to breakfast. After breakfast my aunt and I hit the thrift stores. That is where I found this picture.  It must be ladies who are attending Plymouth normal school. A teachers college,that is now Plymouth State University. I work in Plymouth and couldn't pass this up. They look like a happy group don't ya think???? Maybe it's because it was an all girls college then. They were looking for guys :) This has to be the early 1900's.                                                                  
 In the same store I found 4 yards of crochet lace. I love this lace to put on my sheets and pillow cases to fancy them up a bit. She charged me 3.00 for all of it.
 At another handcraft/ antiques store, I fell in love with this cupboard. The price was good but not great. The lady who owns it was at the shop. She started telling me how long it had been there and that she is taking some furniture to auction yada ,yada, yada, I offered her less and she said she couldn't take it. I left my name and number maybe she will have a second thought about the offer.
I had a chance to visit with my daughter which is always nice. she has had some minor pregnancy problems so it was nice to spend the afternoon with her.
I want to welcome a new follower and thank you for all you wonderful comments, keep them coming.

7 comments:

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Oh my goodness, my daughter is a junior at Plymouth. She has been home for a week with a serious infection. We hope to get her back up tomorrow after her Drs. appt. The shop you were at looks like it might be where I buy my funky socks. The shop is part of a woman's house that had a fire last year hmmmm I wonder. What a small world. We love Plymouth the town is so quaint.

Dog Trot Farm said...

That is a beautiful hoosier, I love the color- do you think it is original? I hope the owner changes her mind and the beautiful cabinet finds a home with you.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Good luck. I hope she calls and you get to bring this baby home!
Happy to hear Linny is adjusting.
Linda

Kim said...

Sounds like a fun day. Love that cupboard. It must have been hard to leave it behind.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
I, too, hope that cupboard will soon call Acorn Hollow home!
You are really getting the followers. Congratulations!
I hope your DD's pregnancy problems go away soon.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Ordinary Hiker said...

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I love the crochet lace you picked up. I can make it myself, but I'd much rather pick up some old crochet lace like yours, and there's never any lace in my area!

Such a cute cupboard, I hope the lady calls you back.

Good Luck with your daughter, and take care!

Kim @ Touch of Nostalgia said...

I hope that cupboard finds it's way to your home. It is beautiful. :) Love the lace too!