Sunday, November 18, 2018

Blooming,,,

I got this (pink) cyclamen as a gift last year at Christmas. My aunt said to put it outside in the shade in the spring and forget it,( I did water it now and then) bring it inside for the winter. Wow does it it have a lot of buds yet to bloom! It worked like a charm! I have always thrown them after they were done each year. The violet in the back blooms most of the time it was my mom's. I think of her every time I look at it.

We have had some amazing sun rises! But of course the sunrises are followed by snow. We had some snow a couple of times this week. Much to early for us! Plus we are plenty cold burr.

I am getting to the finish line with this rug. Not very big but very sweet, I think my sweet B would love it.
 
I went to a couple of Christmas fairs and a thrift store this weekend.
My big find at the thrift was the pie crust cutter. 

I was so excited to use it. So I made a pork pie and nope it didn't work. Back to the thrift it goes. I love  gadgets but this didn't do the trick.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!


14 comments:

Julia said...

Your cyclamen and African violet are gorgeous. It's so nice having blooming plants this time of year. Thanks for the tip on getting a cyclamen to rebloom. I love your cute Christmas rug, ready in plenty of time for Christmas. Too bad about your thrift pie crust cutter. I just use a knife and sometimes I use kitchen scissors.

The weather warmed up after the storm and today was absolutely beautiful.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs, Julia

Rugs and Pugs said...

I'm sure the violet rekindles sweet memories of mom.
What a fun little rug. Yes, I'm sure Miss B will love it.
Thanks so much for the laugh, though I don't think gettin' old is much fun!
Happy Thanksgiving :)

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cathy,
You certainly have a green thumb and how special to have your mom's violet, too!!
Both plants are so pretty!! Sweet rug for your Sweet B!!
Too bad that pie cutter didn't work! Guess it is only good for display!!
Hope you and yours have a Wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Jacqueline said...

The getting old cracked me up.

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful flowers and nice to have them bloom at the holidays.
Love that rug and so fun, I am sure she will love it.

Debbie

Judy said...

I didn't know Cyclamen would bloom again!
I got a Christmas Cactus on sale and of course, all of this year's buds dropped from transporting it home, but I am going for next year. I heard they are supposed to go outside, in the shade and forget about them until bringing them inside in September. We shall see. I love that little rug!!!

Three Sheep Studio said...

Your flowers are wonderful and so is that sunrise !
The Santa rug hooking is lots of fun and is perfect for Miss B !
Rose

Prims By The Water said...

Beautiful blooms. My mom grows violets too! Loved your cute Santa rug too!!! Janice

yaya said...

I've never heard of a Cyclamen plant. It looks beautiful. I'm not very good at keeping houseplants alive! We've had similar cold and snow plus rain and gray skies. I'm hoping to see some sun soon! I start work before sunrise and many times I'm leaving after sunset. Hope your week is good and you have a nice Thanksgiving.

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Cathy, love the pretty plant, I never had one.... adore your sweet rug, Miss.B would love it I agree....Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving❤️Francine

Saundra said...

How did I miss this post? At least I saw it tonight and got a charge out of the turkey shooter. Also love the cute hooked piece.

Terra said...

Shot my first turkey, that's so funny. I like your cyclamen, I have a red one.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Lovely blooms and nice in time for a dreary cooler season ahead. I had never heard of a pie crust cutter and the one shown looks like what my late mother called a ravioli cutter. I have it now and wonder it would cut pie crusts ir if that was the original usage.

Larkrise garden girl said...

What a pretty pie crust cutter.