Sunday, November 20, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving

Yesterday was warm and beautiful, we got the leaves all taken care of and yard was looking great, So snow if you must!

We are tuck safely inside watching football (yes I like it)
It was a weekend we were not committed to going anywhere or doing anything. It was heaven! I hit a church sale and breakfast out with my sweet friend ahhhh...

This is a very bad picture of my front door. Yesterday was so nice
I hit the woods for some mixed greens and filled my 1.00 basket from last year.
I saved the bow, frosty twigs, and red berries from last year so free!

My sweet friend and I also got to hit the thrift this week.
I found four more on at dusk and off at dawn window candles.
I now have enough for the house.  I Love them and four for 2.00 is a deal. Last year I found them for 1.00 a piece! I think they sell for 10.00 a piece.

This week was the gathering of my women's group.
It was our annual Thanksgiving. The host cooks the turkey and the rest of us bring the fixings. It is such a wonderful group of women.
When David was so sick they all descended on my house cutting back gardens, raking, and stacking wood. My daughter was here when they came, she was so amazed at how wonderful they were. 
We have been meeting 13 years. We try monthly but it doesn't always happen. We celebrate each other which is such a joy.
Each time we meet we put a few bucks in the thankful basket and tell what we are thankful for. At the end of the year the money is donated to a worthy cause.
I think there were 5 of us missing so a large group.
****
I hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful!
Ours is very quiet, we treat ourselves to Lobster.
We are expecting company for the weekend though so it will all be a blur from here to Christmas.

8 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a wonderful women's group!!! You are so lucky to be part of it.
We went from 75* on Friday to me driving in near white out conditions on Saturday. Welcome to Ohio :(
Happy Thanksgiving.
Lauren

WoolenSails said...

We didn't get any of the snow just a little rain and lots of cold wind.
I love thrifting, but not too many good things this weekend, probably next weekend after the holiday, that is when more christmas things come in. What a wonderful group and reminds me of our neighborhood where i grew up, all the moms helped each other and were there when someone was sick or in need.

Debbie

Prims By The Water said...

We had some snow over the weekend, but it did not stick. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love your door. Janice

Primitive Stars said...

Afternoon Cathy, love your candles in the window, so cozy and front door greenery, looks wonderful against the red door. No snow here yet,, can't believe it!!!!! Blessings Francine.

Kim said...

Gosh, is it your thanksgiving already? Time is flying. Sorry about the snow. None here yet but it's only a matter of time. I think I'll start decorating on the weekend. Then I have to do Aunties house and it's much bigger :(

moosecraft said...

You cozied up your home just in time! A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Happy Thanksgiving,what a nice group of ladies.

yaya said...

Happy post Thanksgiving! You are blessed to have wonderful friends. Looks very cozy at your home and I do envy your bargains! Have a good week as we slide into December and all the things that go along with that month!