Monday, August 17, 2015

Sugar And Spice And Everything Nice

To those of you that are my face book friends sorry you get to see more Fairy pictures :) My sweet Miss B went to Fairy school...

She picked out her sparkly shoes and her all important jewelry(note the large pink butterfly ring :) and since Grammie worked for a florist for a lot of years and did head pieces for little flower girls that knowledge came in handy when fairy school rolled around. (Although she believes that the fairies left it on my doorstep)
Oh be still my heart how I love that child. And trust me no one was safe at work either they all got to see my sweet B!

ok on to the weekend it is hot hot hot and humid I am trying not to complain buttttttttt I am not a huge fan of this weather. So off to Town Docks for some great music..

Great views and a nice breeze off the lake....

And a couple of these yummm.

I did get to one yard sale this weekend, first one in months I think, and got this cute little piggy plate. He is all cleaned up and husband redrilled the holes to make sure they are nice and clean and voila! I think he is cute for cheese and crackers etc. And this is all I bought for 1.00.

I got rug hooking magazine in the mail today since I have not picked up a hook in a couple of months and my guild starts in a couple of weeks I am looking for inspiration. So feet up, fans on, ready, set, relax!
P.S. The Old Farmer's Almanac has predicted another harsh winter.
Enjoy the heat.
 

10 comments:

Kim said...

She's just too adorable. I love seeing her all dolled up like a fairy. I think you 2 should make some fairy gardens.

Judy said...

Miss B. is most adorable! My Mother used to make Daisy rings for my hair--or it might have been Pig Weed--anyway the little flowers looked like daisies. Because of the El Nino--we are supposed to have a light, winter in the Mitten State this year. I don't care. I love winter. I do not do well in this heat and humidity!!

WoolenSails said...

Miss B looks so cute in her outfit and the flowers, that is such a fun age.
It is too hot to do anything, even with the air on, I am dragging. And of course, it goes from hot to cold, we can't win;)
I would like a nice fall at least so we can enjoy hiking. I reserved a spot at Chicora campground, so hopefully it will be nice and quiet since we are going in on labor day and everyone else will be leaving. It has a nice dog park and swim area, so that will be good with Bean and I have not hiked much in that area, so we can do short walks to the waterfalls and just enjoy the views.I will see what the weather is like, before we leave, if it is warm, I will bring the kayaks, if cooler than the bikes.

Debbie

gin said...

Certainly a darling fairy! I enjoyed looking thru your blog.

Saundra said...

Good grief but Miss B has grown! With the signs of so many nuts falling in my yard figured that was a sign of a harsh winter. Sadly there are more fallen nuts than I've seen in my yard before so hope that doesn't mean this winter will be even worse than those of a year or so ago.

yaya said...

Holy smokes is she cute or what! A fairy party...no way! I love it! You could have a second job making those fairy head pieces. Wonderful. I'm not a big fan of heat either but after a few harsh winters in a row I'm trying to just enjoy this Summer. We had it quite wet and cool in the beginning but now it's been warm, humid and a bit on the dry side. We head out to Oregon tomorrow and I know it's really be warm there. Hubby is the one who truly dislikes this warm stuff..hope he can handle the next week! I do so envy your porch. One of these days we need to screen in our deck area so those nasty mosquitoes don't attack!

Primitive Stars said...

Cutest fairy ever, what a doll!!!!! Blessings Francine.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Fairy school. What fun!!! Miss B is just too cute.
I hope RHM has inspired you to pick up your hook.
Hugs :)
Lauren

The Paisley Studio/Sarah McNamara said...

Who knew there was a Fairy School? So very cute . . .

Not even another winter as bad as the last could make me enjoy the heat and humidity we've had for the last couple of weeks. Snow sounds good right about now . . .

I'm getting back to my rug hooking, but only because I have central air conditioning set at a comfortable 72 degrees!

Stay Cool! Sarah

moosecraft said...

Awww... Miss B is soooo sweet! She is the bestest fairy ever! :-) Looking forward to reading RHM... I haven't picked up my hook since maybe February? So long, I forgot? lol!