Sunday, October 27, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up

Saturday was a nice day so I did some yard work and pulled some of the
last of our carrots and I found one cuke among the dead plants I pulled out.
I have no idea what it will taste like, but the carrots are sweet and tender and oh so yummy.

 I made my version of a chicken pot pie with some of the carrots added.
It was a cold chilly night so it tasted so good.


And look who came to visit!!!! Her Mom and Dad put in some
of our wood for pepe.  She has a chocolate face from a donut.
***
There was a hook in this weekend that I was suppose to go to I
just couldn't take the chance to get something from being in a crowd and
bring it home to David. I thought about it all day:( I have not been able to attend
anything from my guild this fall because of sickness or other obligations. So I dug out
my hooking and hooked while watching the world series. The hooking was good
but the game was not. I sit here now watching football and it is a pretty sad too.
***
It is back to work tomorrow for a couple of days then we go to Boston.
David is feeling better, he is on steroids for his lungs and of course
they are making him feel pretty good right now. He is still shocked at how
tired and weak he feels which is really no shock after what he has been through.
He is hoping to be taken off the oxygen soon I hope so for his sake.
Have a great week everyone!
***
Just do your best today and tomorrow will come-tomorrow's going to be a busy day, a happy day.
Helen Boehm
 

11 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I am glad David is still feeling well, looks like the flu season is here, we are both sick so taking a rest day at home. Looks like you are having a fun day with your granddaughter and a little hooking.

Debbie

Raymond Homestead said...

Such a cute picture with the chocolate face! Love chicken pot pie, yum yum! Continued healing thoughts for David!

Rugs and Pugs said...

So sorry you had to miss the hook-in, but there's always next year! Glad you found some time to hook.
Miss B just gets cuter by the day and my how she's grown!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Primitive Stars said...

Oh Cathy, that chicken pie looks so good, makes me hungry......So happy David is home and feeling better, hope he gets stronger as time goes by, Blessings Francine.

Kim said...

I'm sure the cute little chocolate covered visitor did wonders for Pepe's health. She could brighten any day.
Hmm, chicken pot pie might be an idea for next weekend.

Julia said...

Hi Cathy, nothing like fresh sweet juicy carrots to munch on. I love them raw or cooked.

Now you got my mouth watering for Chicken Pot Pie. I have a recipe that I've been wanting to try but I seem just too darn busy lately to try new recipes. I hope things slows down soon for me.

Miss B. must be good therapy for David. She is growing so fast.I'm glad that Davis is feeling better. Sorry about the missed opportunity of a hook-in. At least you can hook at home.

All the best for David in Boston. I'm keeping him in my prayers.

Big warm HUGS,
JB
JB

Nellie said...

Sending healthy vibes for David your way. Hope the oxygen doesn't have to come back home with him.

How cute that Miss B is!

Dog Trot Farm said...

When I think of comfort food I think of chicken pot pie...perfect weather for it. Miss B will certainly put a smile on her Pepe's face. She is a real cutie...Keeping you both in my thoughts...

Judy said...

Hope David gets off the infernal oxygen tank--Fred so hated to be tied to that thing. Later on, we had to have a noisy oxygen concentrator in the house, but Fred only had to use it once in awhile. It's so hard (and scary) to have our big, strong men not feeling well. Hope David gets a good report. Don't worry, the Red Sox will overcome, LOL.

Kathleen said...

Hi Cathy,
I haven't been here in a long time.thanks for stopping by , it reminded me to come visit. I will keep David in my prayers. I read all your posts back to the summer.
I have never been to Niagara Falls even though I lived in NY. I have heard it is run down. No jobs, the economy is very bad.

Julia said...

Hi Cathy, Thanks for your comment on my blog. I actually answered your question on my post after your comment. We use wrapped silage now and you can see what it looks like on an earlier post of September 18, 2012.

Hugs,
JB