Sunday, December 5, 2010

Kitchen tour

This is my first link party, I am joining house in the roses to show off my kitchen. It is not an up to date expensive kitchen in fact except for a few updates it is over 20 years old. The first is my cupboards I chose these when we were building the house about 23 years ago. I love them more every day.
we have added the tv over the stove it fits nicely in the little cupboard. My husband is trying to get me to buy a new stove but no way I love this stove. It has cast iron burners.
 across from the stove is where I do my blogging and eating. We added this bar a few years ago. From here it goes into a family room that has a table for when a couple of friends come over for cards.
 Some of the things that are under the cupboards. I did not drink all the wine, but I collect corks so everyone helps. the little draws are from an old sewing machine all fixed up. Back splash is recycled tin ceiling.
 This light you have seen before it is my find from a yard sale. I love my shutters!
 I have a lot of space over the cupboards. My husband made the little house that lights up from a yard sale find wooden box. The plate my daughter did in preschool when we were building the house. This is her version of the house it is suppose to be a salt box.
 This is my favorite part of the kitchen. We removed the table when we put the bar in and put a love seat here. It over looks our gardens and the woods behind our house. no matter who comes to visit they always end up here, including the cat.
 And behind my sofa is my feather tree. It is really homey and comfy.
Thank you for your visit and I hope you enjoyed the tour. I can't wait to read your comments.

18 comments:

Donna said...

I love it!! It looks cozy, charming and nautical...all the things I love!! Love your colors too...thanks for sharing!!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cathy I Love your kitchen. The shutters are so cute and I especially like the big windows and your tree is so cute. I like feather trees too!Cheri

One Cheap B*tch said...

I love that shade of blue! Everything looks so perfect! I'd die before showing anyone my kitchen in full. Yes, it's that bad! So many ideas in our heads - just waiting for the right time (she says after 10 years...)

Jeanine

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
What a great kitchen! Love it.
I had a stovetop with cast iron burners and I HATED it!!! Each to his own {grin}.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Lisa said...

Thanks for the tour. I wish that I could see out the windows and enjoy the view. I love the little feather tree. I have two little christmas trees that I still need to decorate. I just didn't have any ambition today. I love the pictures. I think it is interesting to see where people do their blog. I do mine in the basement and I won't be taking any pics anytime soon. what a mess. Have a good week.

Shara said...

Your kitchen looks so cozy and inviting! I would love to sit on your sofa and look out the window. I adore your pretty blue cabinets!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I really love your cupboards! They are timeless! And all of your decorating looks so festive and pretty for the holidays!
Loved the tour!
Cindy

moosecraft said...

What a beautifully warm and cozy home! Very inviting too! Thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

Your little loveseat area is perfect. If that was in my house, I would just curl up there and read or hook all day. But then we would have any meals I guess!

On The Prairie Rugs said...

Nice cozy kitchen! Love your cupboards! Thanks for sharing your kitchen with us.

Julia said...

Thanks for the lovely Kitchen tour. I agree with Kim that your love seat area is absolutely perfect to gather at anytime. JB

Bunnym said...

I'm loving the color of your cabinets...charming!

bunny

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

I love your cabinets! Of course blue is my most favorite color! Love the beam on the ceiling also, love the backsplash also! Your kitchen is cozy and lovely and charming - like you!

Dog Trot Farm said...

My what a lovely kitchen you have, so warm and inviting. I love the color of your cabinets and that darling little house your hubby made. What a perfect little hooking nook your love seat area makes. Thank you for the tour.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Very nice! I like your statement that you love your cupboards more every day. A decorator friend of mine just said recently that we have to find our own style. I think your style is very charming, and the whole look of your kitchen is warm and inviting.

And I like the idea of the love seat in the kitchen! It just says 'welcome' to me!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I just love your country kitchen. I feel as though I could sit down and have a cup of hot tea and stay all day. So very inviting and warm.

hilary@oldhousetruelove said...

love the tv in the cabinet what a neat idea!!

saltbox
treasures
said...

Hi. Love your vintage kitchen. I noticed you said this is your first link party. You should check out Debra at Common Ground; she does a blog party, Vintage Inspiration Friday, every week. You have so many pretty vintage things.
~ Julie