Wednesday, February 16, 2011

TA-DA

I finally pulled my last loop on my large rug ya hoooo! I just need to finish binding it.
 For Valentines my husband brought home Chinese take out. We had candles and the fireplace going. I enjoyed the evening so much we just talked and relaxed. A perfect valentines.
 

I wanted to show you our dump swap shop. We just had a bit of remodeling at the dump so it is clean bright and light people just need to not stack things on top of each other.  I found a few things to take home.                                                                                                                                          
 A lot of linens. Some things with the tags still on them. I will take a couple of things to keep and give the rest to my local thrift shop. So they can make a few dollars on them.
This apron cracked me up. Does this mean my heart belongs to "big daddy"?
 and more linens. I love the iris.
 a really sweet cake plate. Who wouldn't love their birthday cake on this sweet plate.
 And last but not least a depression glass serving dish. I like the yellow tone to the glass.
 
I got to visit miss baby today she is getting sweeter by the minute. On the way home from my daughters I got a phone call on my cell that I needed to return. I have a hard time placing a call and driving. So I did the right thing and pulled over to the side of the road.  I look and a state truck with its lights on pulls up behind me. I hear a knock on the window. He wants to know if I am ok. I really thought that it was so nice for him to stop and ask. But I felt foolish that he went out of his way for my silly phone call.
Well tonight my women's group is having a get together. Two husbands are going to cook for us. Now most husbands run for the hills when we get together. There is between 12-15 of us, it is loud and a lot of laughing and silly stories I wonder how they will do????
Have a great night!

23 comments:

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Your rug is stunning! Have a blast tonight! It sounds like you will!

Mary

Cathy G. said...

Cathy,
What a gorgeous rug! What are the measurements and what size strip did you use? I'm sure you must have said this somewhere along the line..... I think I missed some posts when you started it. Really really nice rug! Are you going to hang it on the wall?
( Thank-you for pulling over to use the cell phone!) The state patrol obviously doesn't see too many people doing that???)
Cathy G

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

your rug is spectacular! i love that design! how long did it take you from start to finish? what fun finds, those kitschy linens. love that kind of stuff.

Sunny Simple Life said...

I CANNOT believe you get such nice things at the dump. Why do people toss such good items? Donate them.

yaya said...

Congrats on your beautiful rug! Great job! You found some really fun things...linens..ooohhhh, I love linens! The glassware is nice too. What a fun Valentines Day just enjoying each other's company and a yummy, quiet, romantic dinner! That Police Officer would much rather stop for that than for an accident because someone was texting, or phoning while driving. Good for you for being safe and not sorry!

Vintage Gal said...

What sweet Treasures~ Have fun with your ladies group tonight. Lots of laughs ;-)

Vintage Gal said...

PS me again ~ your rug is FAB U LOUS!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Beautiful rug!! The linens are gorgeous of course. I can't help myself but I am getting jealous over all your dump finds. Have a wonderful time at your women's group. Can't wait to hear about the dinner the guys cooked.

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Your rug is so beautiful! What a lovely job you've done! I love all the "dump" finds. Aprons are so fun! Brave, but loyal husbands to cook for the gals group!
Cheers!
Courtney

StaceyJeannette said...

Your rug looks wonderful! Love your finds at the swap shop. Hope you have a good time with your women's group, sounds like fun!

Rural Rambler said...

The rug looks beautiful! I think your Hubby bringing home Chinese and dining in front of the fireplace sounds cozy and sweet and wonderful. I think I see some wine there :) Your "finds" are good ones. What? No pictures of Miss Baby?! You will have a wonderful night and the guys will cook you some great stuff! A lot of laughing sounds perfect!

Alyssa said...

Oooh! Good finds! I love the floral cake plate:) Very nice job on that rug too! Alyssa

Dog Trot Farm said...

Cathy, I am just dumbfounded at what people are willing to discard, but what a great idea to have a "dump swap." Your rug is absolutely lovely, isn't it a wonderful feeling when you pull that last loop. (but that dang binding gets me everytime!)

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Your rug is just beautiful. You have a wonderful talent. Your dinner for Valentine's Day sounds grand. Your "dump" looks luxurious compared to any dump I've ever seen. Great finds there! Hope your dinner is blast and those husbands come down from the hills.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your rug!!! I know you've been working on it a long time. When did you start?
Da dump sure is a cheery looking place. Like you said, nice and bright. You got some great finds, especially that depression glass dish!
I'm glad you got to spend time with Miss Baby and DD.
Hubby sounds like a real sweetie!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

Your rug is absolutely beautiful. I love it
Sabrina

The Barn Door said...

Your rug is gorgeous! And I love your 'dump' finds, wish I had one near me!

Donna said...

Your rug turned out absolutely beautifully...what detail!!
Thankyou for your prayers for baby Caden...they are still doing a lot of testing.

Jane said...

The rug is beautiful;the dump finds are just wonderful! I hope the dinner turns out a success. Blessings jane

Larkrise garden girl said...

BEAUTIFUL RUG!

Kim @ Touch of Nostalgia said...

Your rug turned out beautiful! I am so green with envy over your dump. ;) I love love love the linens. Lucky girl. ;) Enjoy!

~ Kim

Tolentreasures said...

Your finds are amazing. A friend of mine lives in Maine and has one of those also and she gets great stuff there...wish we had one here!

Cathy

Dianne said...

A dump swap shop? What a fantastic idea and you find incredible things there! I love the cake plate with matching plate knife(?). And the rug is beautiful!