Sunday, September 17, 2017

The Sun Has Set On Another Week....

My hooking buddy and I headed out to Star Island a day early
to wait for the rest of the hookers.

I know I have told you before but Star Island is about 7 miles off the coast of NH. 


It is an amazing place that about 30 rug hookers gathered to have
a few days of peace and quiet. To just hook!

When they ring this bell it means the meals are ready to eat.
No clean up, no cooking, just heaven.

There was a topic of conversation about posting someone else's rug on line. So I will not be posting the amazing work that was going on but I will post mine. I am now going to rip the sky out I do not like it at all. So stay tune.

In the middle is Liseanne Miller of cushings. The four of us that went to Star Island took a little road trip the next day. She was having her fall open house we all spent plenty and lots of wonderful inspiration you have to get to Maine and visit, she is doing amazing things.
Our wonderful friends lent us their beach house for the rest of the weekend. We were fogged in a couple of partial days and nights but..

we also had amazing sunsets and walks on the beach.
We met up with friends and family in the area had lobster and really enjoyed ourselves. But sad to say tomorrow is back to work.
I am a little burned out of work so it will be hard to go back. 
Oh retirement where are you???
For more MaryJane was with us out on star Island so head on over
Maryjane's click on blog she did a wonderful post.

6 comments:

Kay G. said...

Happy hooking! It looks lovely, have a great time.

Julia said...

I'm so glad that you had a great time with like minded friends. I LOVE lobster or any most seafood for that matter... As a matter of fact, my husband and I just came from a seafood restaurant just now. I was too tired to cook supper after work.
I think there's nothing wrong with your sky. It looks great to me, but you have something else in mind I see...

I'm feeling burnt out too about work as I work 7 days a week and i'm in a hurry to retire. My husband says hopefully by spring but I'm hoping much earlier. I put in about 5 to 6 hours a day at the farm, I put many hours just getting the feed and milk replacer for the calf, the banking for the business and many uncounted hours in the office.

I hope retirement will be sweet. I can keep busy, i'm not worried about that.
Hugs, Julia

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful retreat, would have loved to join you and laurie and I am sure, make new friends.
Sounds like you got to enjoy yourself and spend a little extra time to extend the vacation.

Debbie

Judy said...

Such a lovely thing to be able to do.
I can't think of anything more wonderful then views of the seas and handi-work.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I think that's what heaven looks like! So happy you had a great time. Beautiful pictures.
Thanks for posting the link to Maryjane's blog. I enjoyed my visit there.
I, too, think your rug looks great.
Hugs :)
Lauren

yaya said...

How fun!! Nothing like spending a week with a bunch of bookers! Ha! The scenery is so beautiful...enjoy!