Sunday, May 21, 2017

Rain, Heat=Busy

I know I haven't posted in 2 weeks and when I look back I 
can't think of any one thing but I can think of a hundred things.
Last weekend I headed to Maine to help a friend clean a summer rental. We treated ourselves to a very large lobster roll at the end of the day. yum!
But it was cold and rainy and when I got home husband had the fireplace going it was so raw.

By Wed when I had my women's group over for dinner.
it was 90. We hadn't gotten together since thanksgiving so everyone
was so happy to get together. I had 12 ladies here, very fun catching up.

Since I do not do 90's ( I hate hot and humid) but it did cooled off enough I could have my coffee on the porch before work and really enjoy it. Ahhh spring how I love you.

This would be a close up of B's nose she is picking and smelling flowers and her nose shows it. It was bright yellow from the dandelions. It's funny we see weeds and a child see a beautiful flower. It is all about the small things.
*****
 My husband broke my washer by accident
and it took a week before it was fixed. I was left to go to
the laundry mat holy quarters! I haven't been in years and I was shocked what people have to pay to do laundry a week. I just washed and brought it home to dry and spent over 10.00
What if we had a big family???
****
So that is what I have been doing a little cleaning, a few runs to the laundry mat and hanging with B.


8 comments:

WoolenSails said...

This weather is crazy and I cannot stand it when it hits 80, but I enjoy the warm sun.
Looks like more rain coming our way. Miss B is so cute and things are always more joyful with a child.

Debbie

Connie said...

Sounds like you're keeping quite busy. Nothing beats spending time with quilting friends and family. Our weather has been warm but fickle at times.

Julia said...

What a cute photo of Miss B. I don't do the heat and humidity either.
I'm getting lobster envy, never mind the roll, hehe. I'm due for a feed. My computer iPhoto library is about full to the limit so I haven't uploaded and photos on my computer for my blog in probably a month or more, lol.
Everything is blooming nicely .
Hugs, Julia

Pat said...

Rainy and chilly here today but on Friday it was 95 degrees. Even set up the pool for the grandlittles. Your Miss B is looking so grown up. Time flies doesn't it?

Rugs and Pugs said...

The weather has been wild in Ohio, too!
Such a fun pic of Miss B.
Hugs :)
Lauren

moosecraft said...

Yes... it truly is all about perspective! I've learned to appreciate some of the dandelions in life (as they are there for a reason)! ;-)
I'm not a 90's person either... we had some of that last week.... this morning the furnace is back on... lol!

Farm Girl said...

I think your 90 would feel like our 110. I don't do humidity. Your flowers on your door are lovely. I do love that children see beauty is the simplest things. I love that picture of Miss B. Time does get away from us doesn't it?
I shudder when I think of how people have to pay to go to the laundromat. I haven't been in years either. I do have some scrub boards. :) Have a great week.

Larkrise garden girl said...

I hate humid weather! Miss B sure is a cutie. It sounds like your super busy.hugs cheri