Thursday, February 18, 2010

thrifty gifts



Ok I am talking about Christmas once again! But last year my daughter (www.thriftygoddess1.blogspot.com ) and I decided to fill each others christmas stockings with only thrifted items or items we got free from couponing. It was amazing just what we found, and all of it useful. So since it was such a hit we are going to do it again this year. This is a great example. It is a sweet little mirror to put in your purse. It was never used and I got it for $1.00. I am always finding new items with all the tags someone donated to a thrift store. I say it is only location! If you saw the same item marked down in a store you would think it was ok to give as a gift. But when you say thrift store everyone always says "Oh I could never give it as a gift!!"

I say why not? The only diffrence is location. I keep a box in my closet that has items I have found that I know would be a good gift. Such as a puzzle in the wrapper, new games, some items for easter such as small toys to fit in the eggs. This is how I recycle. Oh and Ashley's favorite gift? Well I thrifted some beautiful wool yarn and I made her slippers with a big pom pom on the top.

No comments: