Tuesday, July 18, 2017

A Summer storm

On Sat we went on a garden tour it was in honor of the 250 of a little town near here. The fun thing was it was free and because there were not many attending it was very personal. We met some lovely people. 

We saw 5 gardens some were very unplanned and others were 
by landscape architects. Myself I love a busy garden it is like a great party and all is invited. This lady also had raspberries as big as your thumb oh for a container to fill.,,, 

The day as hot and after a good shower I settled in for some great movies. This one is Woman of The Year. There is no one better than Katherine Hepburn.The movie after this one was the first time Lauren Bacall and Humphrey Bogart were in a movie together. I do not remember the name. But she was 19 and he was 44 they married a year after making that movie.

We put the kayaks in to check to see if the blueberries were ripe. 
we got a few but still a little early

We have been hot and humid last night a storm came through that rattled my bones. Rain, hail, sharp lighting. It hit a house in the next town and caused a fire.

Oh my poor plants but they did OK except the hollyhocks I had to stake them tonight.

Since I haven't worked on my rug much I will show you a rug I did some time ago. I put it out for Easter and leave until after the the 4th has gone by.
*****
I have been reading 
Gifts From The Sea 
by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. 
Even after all of these years it is so relevant and wonderful.
I read a few pages in the morning before work. 
Have a wonderful week!

6 comments:

Judy said...

I like busy gardens too-they look more natural to me.
That rug is the cutest darn thing!!!!!!!!

Prims By The Water said...

Oh yuck I hate storms. Glad no one was hurt, but even having a fire is not good. Garden tours are so much fun. I use to love going to them...so many ideas others have. Janice

WoolenSails said...

Sounds like you have been keeping busy, funny how you can be out in the sun enjoying the gardens and the next the hail is slamming into the ground. We haven't had any bad storms here.

Debbie

Rugs and Pugs said...

I just love Katherine Hepburn!
And that bunny rug ~ so sweet.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Farm Girl said...

I love that book! I just read it earlier in the winter. It still motivates me in my mind. I love your pictures. I love that rug. Its very pretty. I hope you have a lovely weekend and get lots of blueberries.

yaya said...

I love garden tours and I'm looking forward to retirement so I can give more attention to my own! We've had a few good storms this summer and yesterday we had a nice rainfall all morning but it left us hot and humid too. Hey, Bogart and Bacall got married at Malabar Farm which is not far from us..about 20mi...it's also a haunted place. It's really fun to tour there and see where they had their honeymoon and reception. I love, love, love old movies! Cary Grant is one of my favorites to watch. Have a good week!