Sunday, December 4, 2016

Christmas Overload...

Our Thanksgiving was quiet but we made up for it that weekend.
My brother in law and his wife came for an overnight. We went out for a great meal and to see a comedian just a wonderful time.
Then My Miss B came in full cooking mode just what I love to see! She has her little apron on and I am letting her go for it she did  great! 

This would be her mom and dad trying to build her gingerbread house. Then Miss B and I took over and decorated. So fun and so hard to let her leave at the end of the day.

I got a head cold and on my way to get medicine I saw a rainbow.
You could see where it ended. If I hadn't had the head cold I might of tried to hike to see if there really is a pot of gold! Not!

We were suppose to head to Maine with friends but because I still had a bit of a head cold we decided it was best to stay away from them and not pass it on. So after napping husband said hey lets go to the parade.

This is small town at it's best!

And Santa coming in on a fire truck who could ask for more?

I did get to a couple of church sales, I got the cute tea towel and the forks. When they are cleaned up they are so sweet.

And I have been reading Susan Branch's Isle of Dreams. I am such a fan of hers and of course she included recipes. this is apricot and pineapple jam. Very very good! and super easy.

She also included how to make marshmallows.
I changed mine up just a bit I made them pink and put peppermint in so they would be yummy for hot chocolate. I am still waiting for them to set up I will let you know.

And this time of year husband wants pork pie. I learned how to make them from his great aunt, by the time I thought I would like to learn his mom had passed away. I grew up very English so I had no idea in this world what it was the first time it was served to me.
I had never seen ground pork before and that is what they use for stuffing. I was a teenager and sat at my husband's parent's thanksgiving table and thought to myself who puts Hamburg in a turkey??? We always had bread stuffing so I passed thank you very much. (I still prefer bread stuffing)
****
I hope you're all taking time to enjoy Christmas and not get caught up and over whelmed.
***
I had my old computer fixed and for the life of me I can not get into my blog! I can on husband's computer as I was signed in a long time ago. Can anyone tell me anything to help me out. The new dashboard????I might have to get a lesson somewhere or quit blogging.
Have a great week!


10 comments:

Kim said...

I love that pic of Miss B baking with you. I still remember making apple pies and cookies with my Grandmother. Your parade looks great. I missed ours this year as it was raining cats and dogs. (I was scared I'd melt. Lol)
You made your own marshmallows?? Well, that's a bit too Martha Stewart for me but I'm anxious to hear how it worked out. Oh, and I can't get into my blog on my laptop because I can't remember my password but I can get on from the iPad.

Julia said...

Oh dear Cathy, thank you so much for your kind and comforting words. I'm so glad I made the choice to resume blogging again. now that snow is covering the frozen ground and I'm taking a break from yard and garden work. This week has been very emotionally draining but today I'm feeling much stronger emotionally. It goes in wave. it must be my biorhythm.

I hope that you will persevere and not stop blogging. I can remember all the difficulties I had when I started blogging. I would just get to be comfortable with Blogger and they would change things and I would be lost again.

Miss B looks all grown up and such a cute little baker. Oh my gosh... just so sweet.

Take care and please don't give up blogging.
Hugs, your old blogger friend. yes, I just turned 70 in November.lol.
Julia

Rugs and Pugs said...

Computer issues are so frustrating, but please, you must continue blogging!!!
Sounds like you had a great weekend. I played yesterday and worked on the big tree today. Always something to do.
Hugs :)
Lauren

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful time with the family and so fun to have a grand daughter who loves to help cook.
Your festivities look fun, wish I had a chance to get to ours, but too much driving and shopping and I am too tired at night to go back out. Hope you feel better soon.

Debbie

Mugwump Woolies said...

That Miss B is so precious! Love those old time Christmas parades!
Robyn

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, oh love your sweet little helper in the kitchen... Always so stressful computer issues, drives me nuts..... The parade looked like loads of fun, love a parade!!!! Blessings Francine.

Saundra said...

Miss B has really grown up. Sorry that I can't help you with the issue on not getting your blog on the newly fixed computer. I'd take it back to the shop who fixed it and tell them you are still having an issue with it. They should know how to remedy that for you without charge I'd say.

Prims By The Water said...

Miss B is so sweet. Small town parades are the best! Janice

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cathy,
Miss B looks like a Betty Crocker in training!!! So sweet!! Hope you are feeling better! The parade looks like it was so much fun!!
Hope you enjoy your week!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, too!!! I also love The Bishop's Wife!! Old movies are just the best!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

yaya said...

I love how serious Miss B looks making those cookies! My Grandkiddos are suppose to come over this weekend to make cookies. Maybe I can get some cute pics out of it too! Blogging can be a stress when the computer won't cooperate! I've been a bit of a blog slacker this year. I hope you continue to blog since I really enjoy your posts! Our Christmas parade was the weekend after Thanksgiving and like yours, very small town but also very fun!