Sunday, September 18, 2016

More Rugs From Star Island,,,

This rug is amazing A Michelle (Macarelli)sp design being hooked by Dale Young from Vermont.

This was being hooked by Teddi  Pearson from New Jersery
I think the colors are really sweet.

I can not remember the name of the rug hooker but this rug pops in person such great color planning.

This was hooked by Patti Diaz great color and a very new
hooker. 

and yes I have been hooking a bit on my rug since leaving the island. I have never fiddle so much with a rug as I have this one.

This is before the changes...

This is after, notice the color of the center of the flower. I like it better, and I thought I needed that one row of dark brown before I go to the red border. I am open to any other ideas!
***
So it is back to work tomorrow boo hoo a whole week off has been just heaven. I need to win the lottery! This working thing is getting very old.


9 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your rug is lookin' good and getting close to completion.
Any chance they will let you go with the 4 day week?
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Star Island looks like so much fun. The rugs are amazing!

marie said...

I am also hooking Cathy's design as a anniversary rug. I'm keeping to her colorway for leaves and birds. My flowers are a different color. I did a black row to separate the middle from border which is a brown plaid. In bottom border I'm doing our names and year married. About 2/3 done. Our anniversary is Dec so need to get it done soon.

yaya said...

The rugs are amazing and so beautiful! But I missed the previous post and had to go back and see this wonderful island. What a great get-a-way. I too feel work gets in the way of my life! Ha! I guess I'm stuck for just a bit longer. I don't want to wish my life away but retirement is looking better and better! I need to look up Star Island and check this out! Have a good week back to work..maybe it will fly by!

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful rugs and love how yours is coming along. I feel the same way, Bill took last week off and except for tomorrow, the week is going to be beautiful, wish we had waited a week, lol.

Debbie

camp and cottage living said...

I like the colour change you made on the flower too! They are all so nice and creative.

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Cathy, loving your rug, very talented hookers there.Blessings Francine.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cathy,
Love your rug and especially those red birds!! Looks like you are nearing the finish!! What a good feeling!!! Your trip looked like it was fantastic and I can just smell that sea air!!
Thank you too, for your sweet comment on my blog!! I'm happy you loved all the kitties!!!
Enjoy your weekend!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Farm Girl said...

What lovely rugs! I really like your colors of the flowers. What a nice trip you had.