Sunday, August 30, 2015

A Great Hike And Miss B

This was an easy hike and just beautiful, a very fun swimming hole. We have plans to go back for foliage. 

This is the same hike and is the lower falls. not much water coming down but it has not rained much. I am sure in the spring look out.

I was trying to get the setting sun and the lower falls here.

My hydrangea, I thought it took a beating last winter but it has recovered and doing nicely

The last of August you always see lots of wild 
asters they are prettier than this picture they are a purple- blue.

We had Miss B for an over night so after dropping her off we took some back roads just so beautiful. 
While Miss B was here we kept it low key but we did have a campfire she is sitting around it telling us wonderful stories of unicorns that live in her yard and gives her rides. I love love love hearing her stories.

I also baked some banana bread with Miss B's help and picked some blackberries before what ever is eating them eats them all.

And this is Hattie she was my daughter's teddy bear that kept her safe when she was scared and now she waits for another visit from Miss B. Miss B loves her so much and sleeps with her each time she visits.
Have a great week everyone.

8 comments:

Julia said...

That little Miss B. is some special to have unicorns in her backyard that she can ride. How cute and imaginative or maybe they are real...

I love that little water hole and the slow moving cascade of water. Such a pretty place and I love that Hydrangea. I think that your garden looks lovely like a park.

The banana bread and the berries looks so tempting.
Hugs,
JB

Kim said...

Looks like a beautiful hike. That Miss B is a hoot. I wish I had a unicorn some days :)

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a beautiful place to hike.
How fun to have Miss B overnight.
Hugs :)
Lauren

WoolenSails said...

Where is the river and basin? I was looking at the one on the kangamangus, but it said, 3 miles one way. I am not sure how long that would take me to hike, but would love to hike to the falls there. Looks like a fun weekend with Mrs. B.

Debbie

yaya said...

Fun times and wonderful memories for Miss B...and you! It's turned hot here but the trees are sporting some early color...Fall is coming!

Primitive Stars said...

Wow!!! Beautiful scenery on the hike. How cute is Miss.B. To cute.Blessings Francine.

Mugwump Woolies said...

What a beautiful place! Would love to take a hike through those lovely woods and see those falls. Sweet Miss B!
Robyn

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Oh Cathy I love coming by here and it's extra special when you let us know how dear sweet
Ms B is doing. I wish I could of been there listening to her stories about her unicorns. How delightful is that for a night around the fires.
Love too that she is now the one holding the teddy bear. Isn't life's little things such Blessings.
You always take such lovely photos of your beautiful state. I am so happy that you share these with us. I can't wait to see the fall foliage where you live.
I am wanting to leaf peep so bad this year. More so than other years. Only way to do it is just run away in that direction.
Today has been a good day for me so I took advantage of it and posted. Something very rare for me these days.
Have a wonderful fall. Much love
Maggie