Wednesday, August 1, 2012

No Matter How You Slice it

It is hot and humid today one way I pamper myself is to iron my pillow
cases and my favorite night gown with rose linen spray.
I am planning on taking a nice cool shower and jumping into bed early tonight.

I got a new book from amazon this week. I am obsessed with vintage campers.
I want one but it is not in the budget right now but a girl can dream.

we went to a craft fair, there was a guy selling wooden spoons and knives.
I had never seen a wooden knife before so I bought it. It is made out of birch and
I thought it would look nice with homemade jam as a gift. Husband was not that happy
I paid for that he said I can make them you know. Sooo I guess there will be more.

Dump picking has been very slim but I did find this cute little lady bug
she still has her friction wheels under her.
***
We were on the road at 4:30 this morning headed into Boston for a 5 hour infusion for David.
It is something that boosts his immune system just part of the plan.
The Dr is happy with his progress but still a long day.
****
Until you make peace with who you are,you'll never be content with what you have.
                                                                               Doris Mortman

18 comments:

Vintage Gal said...

I love ironing my pillow cases and putting lavender linen spray on them. What a way to pamper yourself. How true, your post is. Have a wonderful day and stay cool my friend ;-)

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Cathy, oh that sounds so nice and cool sprayed with rose water, do you keep it cold? Love the knife, real differant,lady bug is cute to. Glad Hubby is o.k., Blessings Francine.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
A long day, for sure! Happy to hear you are all doing well.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

The lady bug was a lucky find indeed! And I really like the wooden knife! Who knew?
Erica :)

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Love your quote and the lady bug!!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Travel safe...love the bug!
Robyn

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I have never thought to iron my pillowcases, but then again I don't always make my bed in the morning either. I'm Oscar and my husband is Felix!!! Hope the drive to and from Boston goes smoothly and David infusion goes smooth as well.

Rose H (UK) said...

My Cathy, the ladybug is a great find, it looks tin plate - is it? If so I would think it's worth quite a bit, they certainly are in the UK.

Home made jam with a home made knife - what a great gift :o)

I agree totally with your quote for the day.

Rose H
xx

Rose H (UK) said...

So sorry, forgot to say that I'm so pleased that David is doing SO well :o)
Rose H
xx

yaya said...

So if David makes the knives do you have to make the jam? Love the lavender spray too and I hope all goes well for David in Boston. Take care!

Saundra P said...

Glad David is getting a 'boost' and hope his recovery exceeds the speed of light!

Cute Ladybug; I have hooked some ladybugs and they sold and that has inspired me to want to hook a couple more.

Saundra

Nellie said...

I hope you found your pillowcases and nightgown refreshing.

It is good to hear your husband is doing all right.

Hugs,
Nellie

moosecraft said...

Yes.The humidty this year has been stronger than usual. A nice cool bath and fresh linens sounds divine! The little lady bug was a great find! Love the quote... so many people try to define themselves what what they own, rather than who they are... Glad that David is doing well! :-)

Dog Trot Farm said...

Oh Miss Baby is getting so big, I just love her little pigtails. She is just precious! With this hot humid weather, I have been changing my bed linens every few days, I love the crispness that only line dried sheets can provide, along with the clean fresh air fragrance. Glad to read that David continues to do well. Blessings, Julie.

Judy said...

Long day for you two--glad the infusion helps David. I like your last quote--so true.

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

I think I've only ironed my bed linens twice! I commend you! I just spritz them with a lavender water now . . . it's easy & smells good!

Happy to hear David continues to improve!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Great news about David !! It's nice to hear the treatment helps.
You have some great finds and I love the idea of sprinkling laundry with rose spray.
Have a great day.

jody said...

oh the rose linen spray sounds refreshing but the ironing doesnt! i do have a lavender linin spray i picked up at a sale and love to give a fresh laundered bed a good spray down! and of course extra on the pillow cases! the lady bug is cute, never seen a wood knife but yes will look great with jam! i can picture it all on a old bread board..i hope daves infusion went well and he feels good! enjoy!