Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Rub Away Winner

summer is on its way yeah! My grape Hyacinths are so pretty and I have several clumps.
 My tulips the squirrels are leaving alone for the minute.
 My thrift find for today was a bag of cookie cutters for 50 cents. I have picked out a few of the favorites but that pig stole my heart. I just love him. they are resting on a book called recipes from the dump, great title isn't it? I have not read it yet but will let you know how I like it.

 I had a lot of right answers to the stainless steel bar. Yes it is used to rub away bad smells from your hands like onion and garlic. Not sure about lobster but when I get some lobster I will give it a try.
 So the winner of the primitive cat is kim at touch of nostalgia email me your information and I will get this sweet cat in the mail.
Because we were so sick for Easter, this Sunday is our make-up Easter. Lots going on. Miss Baby will be spending her first night at Grammies and the whole extended family on Sunday. we will be having the egg hunt and all. The neighbors will think we have really lost it. with the Halloween items in the big window scaring off robins and an Easter egg hunt close to memorial day.
The trees are lime green with the promise of summer to come. I just love this time of year. I hope you are all high and dry, and safe. Thank you for so many responses to the rub away. I got a few emails from new people I would love to respond to let me know if you have a blog.
See you after Easter Make-up with lots of Miss Baby pictures in case you want to avoid the next post:0) 

16 comments:

Larkrise garden girl said...

I love the tulips! I love baby pictures.I love the idea of a make up Easter. As always I love your Finds. Cheri

Kim said...

I love the old cookie cutters and I can't wait to see new pics of Miss Baby.
Congrats to Kim. Now I have to go back and read all the answers.

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Lucky Kim! I love the cutters and the cookbook was made for you!

Have a great Easter Egg hunt and celebration with your beautiful granddaughter! What fun to have her overnight!
Hugs,
Courtney

yaya said...

How fun! Have a great Easter egg hunt and if the neighbors have any complaints, just invite them over! Congrats to the winner also!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
I'm so glad you are feeling better and get to have Miss Baby sleep over. What fun! I know I will enjoy the pictures.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Beautiful flowers, you must have a green thumb!
Have fun with the baby too!

Cindy

The Barn Door said...

You always find such great goodies at the dump, lucky you!! Have fun with that baby!

Julia said...

Happy Easter with your new granddaughter and have fun on your Easter egg hunt. I love that cat. Congratulations to Kim. Have a great time with your family. JB

Saundra said...

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle (er, aunt). I had no idea what that was for and never even heard about such a thing, let alone seeing one. Learn something new every day.

Anonymous said...

Squirrels!!! How could something so cute be so destructive?

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

i am laughing about the the Halloween in the window and the Easter egg hunt...too funny

your flowers are beautiful....

and YES!!! take up your aunts offer for the rhubarb..it makes great jam :-)

happy to stop by today..i always LOVE it here...

kary and teddy
xxx

Donna said...

I remember commenting about this post, about how beautiful your flowers are, thinking the rubaway is for onion smells and loving the primitive cat. I bet you enjoyed sweet time with Miss baby too! Did Blogger erase the comments?

Larkrise garden girl said...

I love the tulips and all your finds.A make up Easter is a great idea.

Unknown said...

Is the bush called "Bridal Wreath"? It is so beautiful...My tulips are not as advanced as yours...poor things are perishing here...

Kim @ Touch of Nostalgia said...

Thank you! This is my first ever win out here for anything in blogland. ;) I'll send off my info to you. I've been awol for a bit now. Trying to get the gardens all weeded and planted. I have popped in now and then to lurk around and read all the wonderful posts people are putting up.

Thank you again :)

Your flowers are beautiful! I love the lil pig cookie cutter too. :)

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Tulips are my favorite flower!