Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thanksgiving

I have company coming for the night Sat. So I thought I would put away my halloween and dig out my thanksgiving. I kept the pumpkins and fall leaves then I filled in with these.
 I have had these for years. They are made with paper ribbon that was so popular in the 80's. and the turkey was a ceramics project when I was first married.
 This cloche is from the thrift store 1.00, the stand the dump, and the pumpkins dump. So for a grand total of 1.00 I decorated my living room.
 This is a rug I did a long time ago, it summed up our cat just right. she is always bringing us some kind of present.
I was cleaning out my email and noticed a lot of emails I sent in response to your comment didn't go through.
If I didn't respond to you I am so sorry I rarely check my spam. I really want you to know that I do appreciate each one and try to respond to them on your blog if possible.
My daughter's baby shower is this weekend. Yes she knows.  I should be cleaning my house for the house guest but here I sit. I hope she likes clutter. It is my aunt and I love it when she comes we have a few laughs. she is only 10 years older than I am so she is very YOUNG : ) I will post some pictures of the shower. Have a great weekend.

10 comments:

Cathy G. said...

That is a great rug Cathy! The colors are wonderful! It is folk art at it's best! I hope you keep it out and display it! I love it!!!
Cathy G

Kim said...

You will have a great time with your aunt at the shower. It's always fun to get together. I love, love your cat rug. Just too cute!

Julia said...

Hi Acorn Hollow, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog,
I think that you have a real knack for decorating. I love what you did with the cloche. And your cat rug reminded me of my cat Kitty who used to bring me her hunting trophies. Happy Thanksgiving and have a great weekend. JB

Mimi Sue said...

Love that cute rug and all your other Thanksgiving decorations. You found some great things at the dump. A Have fun with your aunt. Mimi

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

You are so festive. The Thanksgiving decor is great. Have fun at your daughter's baby shower. You will have to make one of your lovely rugs for the nursery.

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

I love baby showers, what will you be making? Have fun!!!

Sunny Simple Life said...

Thanks for the stop by. I had to just laugh when I saw your rug with the cat. Great! We have a cat named Sneakers just like that. On my 40th we had a big party and one of the guests whispered in my ear asking if I was aware there was a huge dead rat on my welcome mat. Guess he was bringing me a present. I can't tell you how many dead things we have had to scoop up and toss because of him.

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Love deviled eggs, it's one of my specialty appetizers! My family goes nuts over them! Love hummus also, my husband loves my homemade hummus but I haven't had the time to make any lately . . . have fun!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

That rug is hysterical! That looks like a lot of work. I've never tried anything like that. Miss Sadie looks so satisfied with a job well-done. I noticed your pretty sheet music garland (what would you call that - haven't had coffee yet so I'm not functioning on all cylinders) and I love that too. You have some lovely holiday touches.

saltbox
treasures
said...

Hope you have a nice baby shower! Grandbabies are such a blessing!
~ Julie