Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hanging Out

 I hope you all had a great weekend. It was so nice here I could let my underwear blow in the wind ha. Anytime I can hang my laundry on the line I am happy. I got a chance to do some yard work and housework. while cleaning out I found a penny rug I made some time ago and usually put out in the winter.                                                                                                                                                I did get to a yard sale held by a flower shop. I got some ribbon dark red with gold threads in it, and some picks I use off and on when decorating wreaths. And at  a thrift shop I found this cute little bottle opener I would say 50's -60's I found it on ebay for 14.00 I paid a cool .50. I love vintage santas.
A great big welcome to all my new followers. It is so exciting! and all your comments, I love them. I am busy working on my rug I want to get it done. I have also started working on a craft with old Christmas cards. I will share that later this week when I get a bit more done. Have a great week! Let me know what you have been doing this beautiful weekend.

12 comments:

Rose H (UK) said...

What a beautiful rug!
Your finds are good - the ribbon is very useful, the Santa bottle opener is most unusual, I've never seen anything like it in the UK.
You ask what we've been doing this weekend...putting a new roof on my tool shed just in time before a deluge of rain!
Looking forward to seeing your craft work.
Have a good week!
Rose H

Donna said...

Love your rug and love the bottle opener...treasures!!

Julia said...

You are lucky to have been able to take advantage of the nice weather to do yard work. Last week I had to work in the rain and this week we are having beautiful weather and my back is sore and can't do yard work.

It makes you feel good when you get something dirt cheep when you know that it's worth much more. Nice ribbon. JB

Cathy G. said...

Love your penny rug! That Santa bottle opener is very cute! I had to laugh at you hanging the underwear out in the wind. I'm afraid it would have frozen stiff had I hung mine out to dry today! Tried to walk the dogs and some snowbirds attacked them......and I almost froze my nose! I guess winter's here darn it!
Cathy g

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I really like your penny rug. Perhaps you would share how to make one? Like materials used, etc.
★Linda★

Kim said...

Very cute penny rug. I'm laughing at your underwear comment. I refuse to hang mine on the line. Our Water and Sewer Dept employees have to drive by my house from the equipment depot. I don't want them checking out my dainties!! LOL

Lisa said...

If I was to hang mine out they might think I am trying to surrender or something. Hehe. I remember the days when they were small and pretty. Now...mainly practical. Bummer.
I love the penny rug also. I haven't made one yet but I think it just moved up on the to do list. Have a good night.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
GREAT penny rug!
Saturday was a perfect Indian Summer day here on Ohio's north coast. We actually had 4 or 5 beautiful days ~ unfortunately that ended today :( Oh well. I'll soon look back and think today was a gogeous day...lol!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Susanne said...

I'm slowly thinking about trying hooking. My SIL has recently started hooking and says she wants to become a stripper. Ya, I'm sure you haven't heard that hooking humor before, ha. Out thrifting I found a new package of the linen you use for $2 and what I believe is a small singer(?) strip cutter. Now I just need to find a hook in the 50 cent range and I'll be all set!
Keep warm, Susanne.

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Love that rug! So cute!

Carmen and the Primcats

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Love the rug. I won't be hanging my underwear out any time soon. But I do love the smell of sheets dried on a clothesline. Hope your week is going well.

Karen said...

I like the penny rug design. Very prim style.