Sunday, July 24, 2016

Bloom Where You Are Planted.....

I know that is a tired old saying. But a while a go we toyed with the idea of moving closer to our sweet B. We only have one daughter and one grandchild, they live a hour away.(I know I know it could be worse.) But by the time we see her again 5 weeks will have passed. But.....

I drive only 5 minutes to work and I have 5 more years of work, so
it made no sense to make the move at this time. So we stay and bloom. Last week we hiked to watch the full moon rise over NH. I will tell you coming down in the dark was a bit creepy yikes!

We went to a concert in our local common.

Took a little hike today to profile falls, yes those people at the top scare the you know what out of me.There is a large swimming whole at the bottom and no they can not jump or they will die.

We jumped in the kayak and headed for the blueberries on our favorite pond. We hit a honey hole of beautiful blueberries. We ran out of containers so we had to head home. I am cleaning and freezing them now. I made blueberry scones this morning, with fresh coffee such a great way to start the day.

We have been in the heat and humidity. More than is normal for us
last night it broke and whole hail! I thought it was coming through our skylights.
****
I hope your week was a good one and you got to enjoy a piece of the summer.

9 comments:

moosecraft said...

Mmmmm... I love wild blueberries! When we'd vacation in ME we'd head out and pick blueberries... then get back to camp and make jam, bread, muffins and pancakes! Oh YUM! Folks here rave about Jersey sweet blueberries... they haven't experienced sweet until they have tiny wild blues! :-)

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Cathy, your home is so beautiful, nice you decided to stay put but know you miss your family... Honey hole indeed, wonderful plump blueberries, enjoy!!! blessings Francine.

Saundra said...

Don't think it makes sense to move either. I think that since you are used to only a 5 minute ride everyday the hour ride seems like halfway across the U.S. Heck I used to drive 1 hour to my mother's house to deliver her groceries or take her grocery shopping every week. Yeah, it takes a bite out of the day for 2 hours of travel, but you'd get to see Miss B every weekend or every other weekend if you chose to drive the distance.

Saundra said...

OOPS, forgot to mention that I LOVE blueberries too.

WoolenSails said...

That is how I feel, wish things were different with the kids but I need to blossom on my own again.
Now if i can just get this back, back in place, I will be all set, lol.
I would love to live in NH though, would be outside every day, so many places to just enjoy without the crowds.

Debbie

yaya said...

You live in such a beautiful spot that I think it would be hard to move. So I'm glad you're staying put so I can envy your kayak rides and those blueberries look amazing! Have a good week! (maybe Miss B will move closer to you!)

Saimi said...

I do understand about not being close to the grandchildren - but it's all about perspective. My only grandchildren (twin 3 year old boys) live 10 hours away. I totally get how time flies as it's hard being away from them! Your blueberries look fabulous and the scones sound delicious ! How fun to be close enough to water to go kayaking!!

Have a good rest of your week!
Saimi

Judy said...

When you visit the kids, you could be looking around for a nice retirement home. Just looking, of course. ;-)

lynda said...

Enjoying New Jersey blueberries here....and our own sweet corn....
Consider yourself lucky to be only an hour away from your grandchild. I have one an hour away and TWO in England...bit more than an hour and a bit more expensive to visit....