Sunday, May 25, 2014

What? A Secret Weekend?

I have not forgotten the reason for the long weekend.
thinking of those who gave all for our freedom.

I found we have 2 lady slippers on my hill they are
very precious in NH so I feel very honored they chose my
hill to grow.

A little sweet woodruff in my garden. 
It has been a weekend of weird weather
Pouring rain then the sun comes out and heats it up.
Then back to thunder and down pours again.

I spent the sunny time outside in the garden.
The rainy part washing up my found wool. 
I had to take wool inventory cause !!!!!!

I may or may not have a fabulous wooly 
weekend that any rug hooker would swoon over coming up.
There may or may not be a beach involved, sunsets, wine, SHOPPING
ALL THE HOOKING SHOPS,lobster,and amazing friends.
Just saying may or may not, stay tuned ;)
*****
Live today and every day like a man of honor.
Charles Eliot

11 comments:

Kim said...

Secret wooly hooker weekend escapes are the best!!

WoolenSails said...

We get a rare lady slipper too and they are protected from picking, here. Found wool is always fun, love hitting the thrifts that carry it for less, but sometimes I get lucky and find yardage in some, so always on the hunt. Can't wait to hear, where you are going?

Debbie

Judy said...

OH!!! Lady Slippers--I think protected by law in every state. I remember when my aunt and mother found one. My Aunt dug it up to take home to her garden, my Mother was appalled!!! I NEVER would dig up a Lady Slipper to transplant--even if I ever found one, which I never have. Sounds like a good weekend to me--have fun!!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

I'm so jealous!!! Enjoy.
Happy Memorial Day to you, my friend.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Julia said...

It sound very intriguing this secret weekend. I know that you'll enjoy yourself. I love that you share your special Lady's Slipper wild flower with us. It must be that you deserve it.
Enjoy your weekend but do tell how it went...
Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Love your post have fun , cheri

Primitive Stars said...

Hoe beautiful to find the Lady Slippers, love the Sweet Woodruff too.... Sounds like a great escape coming, yay!!! Francine.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, sounds like a secret! Something fun to look forward to, I think! I sure love seeing the lady's slipper...they are a rare find in the forests of NC when we spend a lot of time. Enjoy your holiday weekend. Hugs, Diane

yaya said...

I would love that kind of secret weekend..the beach and the lobster and the shopping..oh my! It hasn't rained since Wednesday here and the sun has shone and it's been amazing! I'm on call for this holiday but that's OK..hopefully it will be a quiet one. Enjoy yours!

Donna said...

Shhhh! Don't tell anyone about the secret weekend.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

OH wow I can't wait to you tell us where you are sneaking off too. Is it in beautiful Maine? I think of my trip there often wishing I could repeat it and stay even longer. haha
I have never seen a lady slipper and my guess is they don't grow here in our hot state. They are beautiful. Glad their protected.
Rainy week here. Floods expected in Houston area tonight. We need the rains but not as hard as we are having this week.
Enjoy your weekend
Love
Maggie