Sunday, November 19, 2017

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

It seemed like one long week last week.
But the weekend came! I went berry picking for my Decorating with my sweet friend.


I bought a couple of very bad wreaths from
walmart and tried to give them a makeover.

I fell in love with this sweet little crooked tree at a little primitive shop I visited this week.

I have been hooking and it feels great to be back at it.
and in case you think I forgot about Thanksgiving....



For some reason I couldn't turn this around.
but it is my little turkey rug!
****
We got to see Miss B in her fall concert she was so good she had to get up in front of the parents with another little girl and read a part.
and it is always a great to see her.
***
Husband is again fighting pneumonia again. He gets it so easily since his transplant. He is on meds and we are laying low for awhile.
Thanksgiving is very low key for us.
I want to wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving 
we all have much to be thankful for.

10 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I will pray your husband gets better and the meds work like they are supposed to. Your rugs are awesome.
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I just love those berries. It would be so wonderful to be able to go out and get those berries this time of year.
Stay warm.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh, I love those berries you found and the wreath looks great!
Hugs to you and prayers for hubby that he recovers quickly.
Happy Thanksgiving :)
Lauren

WoolenSails said...

I usually get berries from my bushes in the back, nice to use in the house for Christmas. Great finds and I actually found a nice wreath at home depot, and the others I get and decorate myself, that always makes them look better. I hope your husband feels better soon, prayers coming his way.

Debbie

Judy said...

A blessed Giving Thanks to you too.
I hope you can be with family.

Bluebird49 said...

You're very creative! Oh---I used to love to hook rugs! Then I learned to knit. Now my shoulders and neck won't let me do either!:(
Happy Thanksgiving!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Your rugs look great!
Robyn

Saundra said...

Sending healing thoughts to your husband. Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving. Like your colorful hooked turkey rug too!

yaya said...

You make everything beautiful! The wreath, the rugs and your sweet little tree..so adorable. Hope hubby is better soon you have a great Thanksgiving!

Julia said...

Hi Cathy, it's so good seeing you return to rug hooking. I wish I had time to hook too but it's not happening yet...

I'm so sorry Davis has pneumonia again, that is so scary. I will keep him in my prayers.

I love what you did with the plain Walmart wreath and those berries are just so darn pretty. I saw a lady picking some along a very busy highway the other day. Thanksgiving is not always about an abundance of food but it can be about the smallest of things al year round.
I'm thankful for a sweet friend like you. Happy Thankgiving...
Warm hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

I have that same santa rug pattern. I made it as a wool pattern last year...or started to anyway. LOL Love everything including the berries! Janice Happy Thanksgiving. Janice