Sunday, October 1, 2017

Happy October

 
The sky could not be bluer today it was a perfect
fall day. Beautiful 60's and now it is cool.
I took a nice long walk up and down lots of hills.
My legs are telling me all about it tonight.



We are starting to get color but with the awful heat we had it cofused the trees, we should have more color by now. We are going into the 80's by midweek ick.

My hydrangea is so happy this year I am waiting for the perfect picking time.



Well I finally have another piece on the frame.
I took little designs from different magazines and made a small piece to hook. I had also picked up a bag of coverlet pieces (they are not old) from a country store a while ago. I had no idea what to do with them, I do now! So that will be my border/binding when I am done hooking.
***
Have a great week
Happy Fall!!!

7 comments:

yaya said...

Happy Fall to you and happy October! I love this month and it's going to be a busy one. Today was perfect like yours and I'm so over hot weather! It's suppose to be 80 on Wednesday but turning cooler by the weekend. Our trees are just turning brown and dropping leaves because we've been so dry. Not going to be very pretty this year I'm afraid. Have a great week!

Julia said...

Happy October Cathy. I love the cooler temperatures but for me October is a sad anniversary.
Hugsd, Julia

WoolenSails said...

I need to head up there, you have better weather, lol.
I do enjoy the cooler temps though, I have a lot more energy.

Debbie

Judy said...

One of my favorite months--October and May.
We have so many hard woods around here that everywhere I look, trees are ablaze with red, orange, yellow and greens.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Like Yaya said, here in Ohio the leaves are just turning brown. I do hope we get some color.
Looking forward to your rug progress.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Prims By The Water said...

Trees are still green here. Cannot wait to see your new finished rug. Janice

moosecraft said...

Your new hooking project looks like it's going to be a winner! Love the idea of using coverlet for binding! Enjoying cooler weather here in NJ for now...we'll be back up to 80 by Thursday as well... THEN it will get to the fall I enjoy... high 60's in day and 40's at night.... oooooh-la-la! :-)