Sunday, October 22, 2017

A wonderful Fall


It has been an amazing fall. weather most days 70 with sun and light breeze. 

Usually by this time we have lost all the leaves and we are bundled up in jackets and wooly sweaters. I am not complaining for sure, we have not had to put our heat on once yet! But shall we pay for a warm fall with a wild winter? Only time shall tell.

My granddaughter Miss B came today to help me decorate for fall and halloween. 

She was funny as she pulled each piece out of the box.

She loves halloween as long as it is not to scary, I am with her!
Next weekend we get to have her overnight so her parents can go to a halloween party yeah for us!


This milkweed just waiting for a breeze to send all the seeds in the air reminds me of a million wishes. 
My mother and grandmother use to say
"If wishes were horses then beggars would ride" 
I had no idea what that meant as a kid, I just knew that they would not be granting that wish.
I told my daughter I had used up my wishes for a lifetime,as I have been blessed with a lot of wishes coming true. 
She did not agree she felt we should  keep on wishing. 
We raised a wise daughter.
Wishing you have a wonderful week!



7 comments:

Saundra said...

Never heard that saying but like it!!!!! Love the hooked pumpkin and I have the same pattern. Guess I should pull out those old pattern books and enjoy the bounty. Love the halloween themed rug above too. Whose pattern is that?

Julia said...

I agree, it's been a wonderful October and we had above normal temperature here too... I just wish I had more hours to work in the yard and gardens but I get something done each day.

How lucky you have Miss B. to help you decorate for Halloween. The pumpkins rugs looks great.
Hugs, Julia

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your daughter is wise indeed :)
Oh, the weather in northern Ohio has been absolutely stunning. Unfortunately I think it is coming to an end, but I've enjoyed it while it lasted!
Hugs :)
Lauren

WoolenSails said...

Fun to decorate with Miss B, love holidays with kids.
We had warm this weekend and it was nice to get out, but warmer than I am used to, I am sure it will get cold, soon enough.

Debbie

yaya said...

You know I love Halloween and your decor looks so cute! How nice to have Miss B help...making memories! Our Fall has been like yours. We're finally seeing some color but the rain has come and the cooler temps too. Still, no heat on yet and hopefully we'll put it off for a little longer. We'll have all the kiddos on Saturday for some Halloween fun...have a great week!

Christine said...

Love your hooked jack o' lantern pouch!
I'm with your wise granddaughter on Halloween decorations!

Judy said...

That is an old saying that I am familiar with too.
But both my grandma and my mother wished on the first star of the evening, and blew dandelion fluff into the air--they called them "wish and blows". If we said the same thing at the same time, we had to link pinkie fingers and make a wish and when the first robin was spotted in the spring, my grandma would spit in her hand and then pound her palm with her fist and make a wish.
We all need to keep wishing!!!!!