Sunday, August 20, 2017

The Death Of A Friend..

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
iI am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

My sweet friend passed this weekend 
It was expected, she has battled an illness for years.
We have been friends for over 25 years. We learned to hook rugs
together. We shared the life's sorrows and the laugher. I will miss her so much. My prayers go to her two children who now have to carry on.


9 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy,
I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. My heart aches for you and her children.
xoxo
Lauren

Prims By The Water said...

My thoughts and prayers for your friend. We lost a friend a few days ago too! So sad. Janice

Julia said...

It saddens me to learn about your loss Cathy. Loosing a good friend leaves a big hole in the heart.
Warm hugs and prayers for her family and you.
Julia

Saundra said...

Am sorry for your loss. Hopefully the fond memories shared over the years will give you comfort. Perhaps even a rug commemorating the united love of rug hooking will emerge.

Farm Girl said...

I am so sorry. I am sending prayers and hugs your way.

Judy said...

My best friend passed 5 years ago and I still grieve for that loss. We were as close as sisters. It is indeed a hard thing.

WoolenSails said...

I am sorry to hear about your friend. I do love that poem, it is so meaningful.

Debbie

yaya said...

I'm so sorry Cathy. I'm glad you have many good memories of that special friend. Hugs and prayers for you and her family.

Larkrise garden girl said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a close friend . My best friend died years ago and what I miss the most was the shared memories of our childhood. Hugs cheri it is so very tough!